Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe page, if you’re looking for Red/Green Lentil Soup with Beef Sausage recipe, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Red/Green Lentil Soup with Beef Sausage recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Red/Green Lentil Soup with Beef Sausage recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Can Be An Easy Choice.
The benefits of healthy eating are these days being given more attention than ever before and there are good reasons why this is so. Poor diet is one factor in health problems such as heart disease and hypertension which can place a drain on the economy. Wherever you look, people are encouraging you to live a healthier lifestyle but but then, you are also being encouraged to rely on fast foods that can affect your health in a damaging way. Most people typically think that healthy diets demand a great deal of work and will significantly alter how they live and eat. In reality, however, just making some minor changes can positively affect daily eating habits.
One initial thing you can do is to pay close attention to the choices you make when you’re shopping for food because you most likely choose many items out of habit. For example, most likely you have never checked the box of your favorite cereal to find out its sugar content. Eating a bowl of oatmeal will give you the energy to face the day while protecting your heart at the same time. By mixing in fresh fruit, you can give your oatmeal a better flavor and, before you know it, you will have made a good change to your diet.
All in all, it is easy to begin making healthy eating a regular part of your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to red/green lentil soup with beef sausage recipe. You can cook red/green lentil soup with beef sausage using 11 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to prepare Red/Green Lentil Soup with Beef Sausage:
- Get 1 cup of Red Lentils.
- Get 1 cup of Green Lentils.
- Provide 3 of large potatoes pilled and grated.
- Get 3 of large carrots pilled and grated.
- Get of Salt and pepper to taste.
- Take 1 of tray beef sausage.
- Get 1 of large onion chopped.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of curry powder.
- You need 1 teaspoon of chicken spice.
- Get 1/2 of cup tomato sauce or paste.
- Provide 1 packet of Knorr Minestrone soup.
Instructions to make Red/Green Lentil Soup with Beef Sausage:
- Place together the two lentils in a bowl and thoroughly wash off the starch under running tap. Then put it in a large pot with water enough to cover it and simmer high heat..
- When the lentil is almost tender, add the vegetables, salt and pepper and let it boil further until everything is soft and looking mushy..
- Meanwhile, cut the sausage into small bite size pieces and saute in a saucepan, add onions and keep stirring. Then add the spice tomato sauce, stir and let it simmer..
- Mix the powdered soup with one cup of water and pour into the sausages and stir to thicken it, add more water if needed..
- Using the masher utensil, press down together the lentils and vegetables together to combine them into thick soup. Add the sausage sauce and stir thoroughly to combine all the ingredients together into a nice thick delicious soup. Let it simmer few more minutes before serving..
- Enjoy with steam bread🍞, or delicious soft rolls👌🏼.
If you find this Red/Green Lentil Soup with Beef Sausage recipe helpful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.