Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe page, If you’re looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the best Hodge-Podge "Clean Out the Fridge" Chicken Soup recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Hodge-Podge "Clean Out the Fridge" Chicken Soup recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Doesn’t Have To Be A Chore.
The benefits of healthy eating are now being given more publicity than ever before and there are a number of reasons for doing this. Poor diet is a contributing factor in diseases such as heart disease and hypertension which can place a drain on the economy. Even though we’re always being advised to adopt healthy eating habits, it is also easier than ever to depend on fast food and other convenience items that are not good for us. In all likelihood, a lot of people think that it takes a lot of work to eat healthily and that they will need to drastically alter their lifestyle. Contrary to that information, people can alter their eating habits for the better by implementing a few small changes.
Initially, you will need to be very careful when food shopping that you don’t unthinkingly put things in your basket that you no longer wish to eat. For example, did you ever think to check how much sugar and salt are in your favorite cereal? A great healthy option can be porridge oats which have been found to be beneficial for your heart and can give you good sustainable energy each day. If you’d rather not eat oatmeal on its own, try adding fresh fruits that have other healthy nutrients and as such, one modest change to your diet has been achieved.
To sum up, it is not difficult to begin to make healthy eating a regular part of your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to hodge-podge "clean out the fridge" chicken soup recipe. You can have hodge-podge "clean out the fridge" chicken soup using 8 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Hodge-Podge "Clean Out the Fridge" Chicken Soup:
- Provide of Dark-meat chicken 2lbs (I prefer bone on to later make bone broth).
- Get of Onion- 1/2 large, 1 whole small.
- Provide of Carrots- 2 whole peeled, thin circle slices.
- Prepare of Celery- 2 whole stalks diced.
- Take of Garlic- 2-4 cloves (or however much you prefer), chopped.
- Provide 3 cups of veggies of your choice (I used left over corn, peas, spinach, and mushrooms).
- You need of Wild Rice- 1 cup cooked (leftover from our weekly meal-prep).
- You need of Black Beans- 1 cup cooked (leftover from our weekly meal prep).
Steps to make Hodge-Podge "Clean Out the Fridge" Chicken Soup:
- In our house, all soups start with the same basic formula (onion, celery, carrot, garlic and bone broth- Love ya mom!). Gather these ingredients and find a heavy pot (we use a cast iron stock pot), but use what you have..
- Prepare your protein (chicken in this case) by searing it in butter or any oil you choose covered (in the soup pot if you want to save on dishes!). This step helps the protein to retain its natural moisture content and prevent that rubbery texture of say…of boiled chicken, yuck!.
- Remove the chicken and let it cool. Toss it into a bowl, plate etc..
- Add a bit more butter/oil to the pot, set to medium heat and toss in the diced onion, carrot, celery till tender (5 mins or so), then add chopped garlic for a minute or two… stirring so it doesn't burn. We stay on medium heat for the rest of the process..
- Add stock. Add leftovers. Add chicken. Add spices and whatever else you want to the pot..
- Simmer for a few… 10-20 minutes depending on what you had for leftovers. Taste test. Serve hot. (Maybe with an ice cube for the littles).
- Enjoy with fam..
If you find this Hodge-Podge "Clean Out the Fridge" Chicken Soup recipe helpful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.