Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe site, If you’re looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Creamy Black Lentil Curry recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Creamy Black Lentil Curry recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Can Be An Easy Choice.
The benefits of healthy eating are today being given more publicity than ever before and there are many reasons why this is so. The overall economy is affected by the number of people who are dealing with conditions such as high blood pressure, which is directly linked to poor eating habits. Even though we’re constantly being encouraged to stick with healthy eating habits, it is also easier than ever to rely on fast food and other convenience items that are not beneficial for us. In all likelihood, most people think that it takes a lot of work to eat healthily and that they will need to drastically alter their way of life. In reality, though, merely making a couple of small changes can positively affect everyday eating habits.
These types of changes are easy to accomplish with all types of foods and can apply to the oils you cook in and the spread you use on bread. Olive oil, for instance, is loaded with monounsaturated fats which are known as the good fats that fight the effects of bad cholesterol. It also has vitamin E which is good for your skin, among other things. If you presently consume plenty of fresh fruits and veggies, you may want to think about where you’re getting them and if it’s the best source. If you can opt for organic foods, you can avoid the problem of eating crops that may have been sprayed with deadly pesticides. You can ensure that you’re getting the most nutritional benefits from your fresh produce if you can locate a local supplier since you will be able to buy the fruit when it is the freshest and ripest.
To sum up, it is not difficult to begin to make healthy eating a regular part of your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to creamy black lentil curry recipe. To cook creamy black lentil curry you need 16 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you do that.
The ingredients needed to make Creamy Black Lentil Curry:
- Take 1 1/2 cup of black lentils.
- Provide 2 1/4 tbsp of vegetable oil.
- Use 1 1/2 tsp of ground cumin.
- Provide 1 large of chopped onion.
- You need 1 each of green chili.
- Take 1 tbsp of fresh ginger diced.
- Provide 1/2 cup of milk or cream.
- Prepare 2 tsp of turmeric powder.
- Get 1 tsp of chili powder.
- Get 1 tbsp of kosher salt or to taste.
- You need 3 tbsp of butter.
- Take 1 tbsp of lemon juice.
- Get 1 tbsp of garlic chopped.
- You need 1 each of cilantro handful (garnish).
- Take 1 can of beans (optional).
- You need 1/2 tsp of cayenne pepper (optional).
Instructions to make Creamy Black Lentil Curry:
- Rinse black lentils, add lentils, 4 cups water and 1 tablespoon oil to pressure cooker. Pressure cook 20 minutes, allow to cool down naturally. Or in a large pot bring lentils and water to boil, add 1 extra cup water, cook medium low for 45 minutes until done..
- Heat 2 tablespoons of oil in a large pot. When it is hot, add cumin, stir, after about 30 seconds, add onion and green chili. Cook until onion is translucent..
- Add ginger and garlic, stir, cook for about 1 minute..
- Add the cooked lentils, beans, 2 cups water, milk (soy or almond milk can be used), turmeric, salt and chili powder, cayenne. Stir to combine..
- Let cook on medium heat, STIRRING FREQUENTLY. 15-20 minutes until it thickens..
- Turn off heat, add lemon juice and butter. Sprinkle with garnish..
- Serve with rice or warm bread..
If you find this Creamy Black Lentil Curry recipe helpful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.