Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe page, if you’re looking for Vegetarian Lentil Curry recipe, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Vegetarian Lentil Curry recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Vegetarian Lentil Curry recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Energy Treats.
Enjoying healthy foods makes all the difference in the way you feel. We are likely to feel way less gross whenever we increase our consumption of wholesome foods and reduce our consumption of unhealthy foods. Eating fresh vegetables helps you feel a lot better than eating a slice of pizza. Sometimes it’s difficult to find healthier foods for something to eat between meals. Shopping for snack foods can be a struggle because you have so many options. Why not try some of the following healthy snacks the next time you need some extra energy?
Eating almonds is a fantastic alternative as long as you don’t possess a nut allergy. Almonds are usually considered a super food since they’re packed full of things that help boost our vitality while keeping us healthy. Almonds really are a natural supply of B vitamins together with other vitamins and minerals. Tryptophan, an enzyme also found in turkey which induces drowsiness, is present in almonds. However, you will not need a nap after eating almonds. These nuts relax the muscles and offer a general sense of relaxation. Your emotional condition can sometimes be lifted by simply eating almonds.
You don’t have to look far to discover a wide variety of healthy snacks that can be easily prepared. Deciding to live a healthy way of life can be as easy as you want it to be.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to vegetarian lentil curry recipe. To cook vegetarian lentil curry you only need 11 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to cook Vegetarian Lentil Curry:
- You need 180 g of lentils, soaked overnight (slightly less than a cup).
- Get 1 of large onion, sliced thin.
- Prepare 3 cloves of garlic, minced.
- Get 1 of thumb-sized chunk fresh ginger, minced.
- Get 1 of large potato, cubed.
- Prepare 1 of medium carrot, cubed.
- Prepare 1 Tbsp of curry powder (I used Madras curry powder. Add up to 1 Tbsp more for very spicy curry).
- Take 1 Tbsp of tomato paste.
- Use 1 of Cinnamon stick (optional, gives it a nice accent).
- Prepare 1 tsp of sea salt.
- Use of Chives or cilantro to finish.
Steps to make Vegetarian Lentil Curry:
- If time permits, soak lentils in plenty of water for a few hours. Cube the potato and carrot, and cut onion into thin slices. Mince the garlic and ginger..
- Heat oil in a deep sauce pan or pot. Add the onions, minced garlic and ginger and sauté on medium low until soft and starting to turn golden (about 10-15 minutes).
- Add 1 tablespoon curry powder (add 1/2 to 1 Tablespoon more for extra so iciness) and stir in for 1 minute until fragrant..
- Add 1 tablespoon tomato paste and mix in with onions and spices..
- Add the lentils, potatoes, carrots and cinnamon stick (if using) to the pan. Pour in enough water (I use the water from soaking lentils) or vegetable broth to completely cover the lentils & veggies..
- Bring everything to a boil then turn to low heat. Cover with lid and simmer for 30-45 until soft..
- When lentils are soft, mix in 1/2 tsp salt, taste and add more if needed. I added 1 tsp in total. Fold in some chopped chives or cilantro and serve with steamed rice or Indian bread like naan..
If you find this Vegetarian Lentil Curry recipe valuable please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.