Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe site, looking for the perfect Instant Pot Lentil Spinach Curry recipe? look no further! We provide you only the best Instant Pot Lentil Spinach Curry recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Instant Pot Lentil Spinach Curry recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Doesn’t Need To Be Difficult.
Making the decision to eat healthily provides great benefits and is becoming a more popular way of living. There are a number of illnesses associated with a poor diet and there is a cost to the overall economy as individuals suffer from health problems such as heart disease and hypertension. While we’re incessantly being advised to stick with healthy eating habits, it is also easier than ever to rely on fast food and other convenience items that are not healthy for us. A lot of people typically believe that healthy diets demand much work and will significantly change the way they live and eat. It is possible, however, to make several minor changes that can start to make a difference to our daily eating habits.
One initial thing you can do is to pay close attention to the choices you make when you’re shopping since you most likely purchase lots of food items out of habit. As an example, if you have a bowl of cereal for breakfast, do you ever check to see what the sugar and salt content is before purchasing? One healthy substitute that can give you a positive start to your day is oatmeal. If this is not to your liking on its own, you can easily mix in fresh fruits that can provide other healthy nutrients and as such, one modest change to your diet has been achieved.
As you can see, it is not difficult to start making healthy eating a part of your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to instant pot lentil spinach curry recipe. You can cook instant pot lentil spinach curry using 16 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you do that.
The ingredients needed to prepare Instant Pot Lentil Spinach Curry:
- Prepare 3/4 cup of Moong dal (yellow lentil).
- You need 1 cup of Baby Spinach.
- Provide 1 tbsp of Olive oil.
- Take 1 tbsp of Butter.
- Provide 1/2 of Onion chopped.
- Take 1/2 of Tomato finely diced(optional).
- You need 1 tbsp of Minced ginger garlic.
- You need 2-3 cups of Water.
- You need 1 tsp of Turmeric.
- Provide 1-2 tsp of Salt.
- Get 1 tsp of Mustard Seeds.
- Get 1 tsp of Cumin seeds.
- Take 1 tsp of Garam Masala.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of Black pepper powder.
- You need 1/4 tsp of Asafoetida/Hing(Optional).
- Get of Chopped Cilantro.
Steps to make Instant Pot Lentil Spinach Curry:
- Wash the lentils thoroughly and keep them drained..
- Keep the Instant Pot on Sauté mode.Once hot,add oil and butter.Add mustard seeds and cumin seeds and when they start spluttering,add the chopped onions and ginger garlic..
- When the onions become soft, add turmeric,salt,hing and black pepper along with 1/4 cup water and cook for another 2 minutes..
- When oil separates from the masala, add the lentils and 2 cups water into the inner pot..
- Close the IP lid and keep the steam release handle to Sealing position.Pressure cook for 4 minutes..
- Once done, open the lid using quick release.Stir the lentils and if the mixture is thick, add some water and let it simmer for a minute.Mash the lentils using a spoon to get a smooth consistency..
- Now add the spinach leaves and diced tomatoes and pressure cook for another 2 minutes and once done,open the lid using quick release..
- Add little water as required if the curry is too thick..
- Sprinkle some garam masala and chopped cilantro..
- Serve the curry hot along with some Rice..
- Check my blog for more recipes. https://cookwithjiya.com.
If you find this Instant Pot Lentil Spinach Curry recipe helpful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.