Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe site, If you’re looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the perfect French Onion Soup recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to French Onion Soup recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Can Be An Easy Thing To Follow.
The benefits of healthy eating are now being given more publicity than ever before and there are many reasons for doing this. Poor diet is a leading factor in illnesses such as heart disease and hypertension which can put a drain on the economy. No matter where you look, people are encouraging you to live a more healthy way of living but on the other hand, you are also being encouraged to rely on convenience foods that can affect your health in a detrimental way. People typically believe that healthy diets demand a lot of work and will significantly change the way they live and eat. In reality, however, merely making a few small changes can positively impact daily eating habits.
Initially, you will have to be very careful when food shopping that you don’t automatically put things in your shopping cart that you no longer wish to eat. For example, has it crossed your mind to check how much sugar and salt are in your breakfast cereal? One nutritious alternative that can give you a good start to your day is oatmeal. If you’d rather not eat oatmeal on its own, try mixing in fresh fruits that can supply you with other healthy nutrients and as such, one small change to your diet has been achieved.
Obviously, it’s easy to start integrating healthy eating into your life.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to french onion soup recipe. You can have french onion soup using 10 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to cook French Onion Soup:
- Use 4 Tbsp of butter.
- You need 4 Tbsp of olive oil.
- You need 7 cups of sliced onions (about 7 medium onions).
- Take 3 Tbsp of flour.
- Take 8 cups of beef broth (I use 8 cups water and 8 packets beef bovril).
- Take 1 clove of garlic sliced.
- Prepare 1 tsp of sugar.
- You need 1 cup of dry white wine.
- Use 1 stick of French bread sliced into 1/2 or 3/4 inch thick pieces.
- Use of Swiss gruyere or mozzarella cheese (thinly sliced or grated).
Instructions to make French Onion Soup:
- Melt butter in large sauce pan then add 2 Tbsp olive oil..
- Stir in onions, garlic and sugar..
- Cook uncovered over low to medium heat, stirring occasionally for 20 to 30 minutes or until onions are golden brown..
- Sprinkle flour over onions and cook for another 1 or 2 minutes, stirring constantly..
- Add beef stock and wine and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer, partially covered for another 30 to 40 minutes..
- While the soup simmers, prepare the bread..
- Brush bread slices lightly with remaining olive oil on both sides and put on pan in 350 degree oven. Lightly toast each side (turn part way)..
- Ladle soup into individual oven proof bowls and top with 2 or 3 slices of French bread followed by the cheese..
- Put oven proof bowls on a baking pan and bake in 350 degree for 10 to 20 minutes until cheese is melted..
If you find this French Onion Soup recipe valuable please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.