Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe page, if you’re looking for Chili Cheese Potato Skins recipe, look no further! We provide you only the best Chili Cheese Potato Skins recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Chili Cheese Potato Skins recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Make Healthy Eating A Part of Your Day-To-Day Life.
Making the decision to eat healthily offers incredible benefits and is becoming a more popular way of living. Poor diet is a leading factor in health conditions such as heart disease and high blood pressure which can put a drain on the economy. Even though we’re always being counseled to follow healthy eating habits, it is also easier than ever to rely on fast food and other convenience items that are not beneficial for us. A lot of people typically assume that healthy diets require a lot of work and will significantly alter how they live and eat. In reality, however, merely making a couple of small changes can positively affect daily eating habits.
These healthier food options can be applied to other foods such as your cooking oils. Olive oil, for example, has monounsaturated fats which are known as the good fats that battle the effects of bad cholesterol. It can also be good for your skin because it is a great source of vitamin E. Even though you may already consume a lot of fruits and veggies, you may want to consider how fresh they are. If at all possible, try buying organic produce that has not been sprayed with poisonous chemical substances. If you can locate a good local supplier of fresh fruit and vegetables, you can also eat foods that have not lost their nutrients because of storage or not being harvested at the right time.
Therefore, it should be fairly obvious that it’s not hard to add healthy eating to your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to chili cheese potato skins recipe. To make chili cheese potato skins you need 11 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you do it.
The ingredients needed to make Chili Cheese Potato Skins:
- Prepare 6 small of russet potatoes (about 3 in. long, select unblemished potatoes as we are using the skins.).
- Provide 1/4 cup of extra virgin olive oil.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of paprika.
- Use 1/2 tsp of salt.
- Get 1/4 tsp of pepper.
- Take 1/4 tsp of garlic powder.
- You need 1 cup of to 2 cup Chili (I use leftovers from when I make homemade, but you can use canned chili).
- You need 2 cup of shredded cheese (I like cheddar or pepper jack).
- You need 8 oz of sour cream (will not use all).
- Take 1 of Optional – crumbled bacon (or Oscar Mayer Selects real bacon bits for a shortcut).
- Take 2 tbsp of sliced green onions or chopped chives – for garnish.
Instructions to make Chili Cheese Potato Skins:
- Scrub potatoes clean, poke a few holes in each with a fork or knife tip. Place in microwave and cook until fork tender, usually 12 minutes..
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl combine olive oil, paprika, salt, pepper and garlic powder. Set aside..
- When potatoes are done let cool until they are easy to handle. Gently slice potatoes in half lengthwise being careful not to tear the skins..
- Using a spoon carefully scoop flesh out of the center leaving behind about 1/4 in. intact on the skins. Again be careful not to tear the skins. (And let's not be wasteful. Save the scooped out flesh for another use like potato cakes, mashed potatoes or gnocchi.).
- Preheat oven to 450°F, brush each potato half with oil mixture, inside and out. Place skin side up on baking sheet. Bake for 10 minutes. Flip flesh side up so our little "wells" are ready to fill and bake another 10 minutes..
- Meanwhile reheat chili slightly in microwave. Warming the chili helps it spread out to fill the skins. Remove potato skins from oven. Fill each with about a tablespoon or so of chili (depends on how full you want them) and top with a small mound of cheese..
- Return to oven until cheese is melted, about 5 minutes. You can broil here, but only about 2 min for that and keep an eye on them so they don't burn..
- Remove from oven, top each with a dollop of sour cream, green onions/chives and bacon if desired. Eat and enjoy!.
If you find this Chili Cheese Potato Skins recipe useful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.