Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe site, If you’re looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the best Assamese bilahi boror tenga (Sour Curry with Red Lentil Fritter) recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Assamese bilahi boror tenga (Sour Curry with Red Lentil Fritter) recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Can Be An Easy Choice.
Deciding to eat healthily provides incredible benefits and is becoming a more popular way of living. There are a number of health conditions related to a poor diet and there is a cost to the overall economy as people suffer from diseases such as heart disease and high blood pressure. Wherever you look, people are encouraging you to live a more healthy lifestyle but then again, you are also being encouraged to rely on convenience foods that can affect your health in a terrible way. Most people typically believe that healthy diets call for much work and will significantly alter the way they live and eat. Contrary to that information, individuals can modify their eating habits for the better by making some modest changes.
These types of changes are possible with all types of foods and can apply to the oils you cook in and the spread you put on bread. Olive oil contains monounsaturated fat which can help to lower bad cholesterol. Olive oil can also be beneficial for your skin since it is a great source of vitamin E. While you may already eat a lot of fruits and veggies, you might want to consider how fresh they are. If at all possible, buy organic produce that has not been sprayed with harmful chemical substances. You will be sure that you’re getting the most nutritional benefits from your fresh produce if you can locate a local supplier because you will be able to buy the fruit when it is the freshest and ripest.
Obviously, it’s not at all difficult to begin incorporating healthy eating into your daily routine.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to assamese bilahi boror tenga (sour curry with red lentil fritter) recipe. You can cook assamese bilahi boror tenga (sour curry with red lentil fritter) using 24 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
The ingredients needed to prepare Assamese bilahi boror tenga (Sour Curry with Red Lentil Fritter):
- Prepare of for fritters-.
- Use 1/2 cup of split red lentils (Masoor dal).
- Provide 1 of green chilli.
- Prepare 1 pinch of hing.
- Provide to taste of Salt according.
- Get of as required Oil to deep fry.
- Prepare of for Gravy-.
- Prepare 1 of onion finely chopped.
- Prepare 2 of tomatoes finely chopped.
- Provide 1 of potato cooked and mashed.
- Take 1/4 tsp of turmeric powder.
- Take 1/2 tsp of coriander powder.
- Provide 1/2 tsp of Garam masala.
- Take 1 tsp of red chilli powder.
- You need 4 of kokum pieces (Malabar tamarind).
- Prepare 1 pinch of sugar.
- Provide to taste of Salt according.
- Provide of For tempering-.
- Prepare 1 tsp of mustard oil.
- Get 2 of bay leaves.
- Take 1 tsp of panch phoran masala.
- You need 1 of dried red chilli.
- Provide of For garnish-.
- You need 1 handful of Finely chopped coriander leaves.
Steps to make Assamese bilahi boror tenga (Sour Curry with Red Lentil Fritter):
- Take the mixing bowl add masoor dal then Wash the dal twice and soak it for 30 minutes. In another bowl soak the tamarind in water about 15 mins, keep it aside..
- After the half an hour transfer the soaked red lentils and green chillies into a mixer grinder and grind the contents to a coarse paste with adding little water if required. We need a thick paste to be formed to fry..
- Now transfer the ground dal paste to mixing bowl, add asafoetida, pinch of turmeric powder and salt according to your taste mix well. Do a taste check, if you feel the salt or spiciness is less, you can add at this stage..
- Next Heat the oil in deep vessel for frying. Once the oil is hot sufficiently..
- Take the small spoon portion of the dal mixture or batter and drop them with the help of a spoon into the oil. Fry them till they are turns to golden colour..
- Now take them out and drain them on a kitchen towel. Do the frying in batches, do not overcrowd the oil in deep frying pan since the frying becomes slow and the fritters might lose their crispness. Keep them aside till the curry is almost done..
- Further heat the Kadhai with mustard oil, once the oil is hot, add the bay leaves saute for a few seconds till the aroma arises. immediately add dried red chilli and saute for few seconds. Add panch phoran masala and give it a quick mix..
- Next, immediately add the finely chopped onions so that the panch Phoran masala doesn't get burnt. Add pinch of salt and stir till the onions turn light golden brown colour appears..
- Now add the chopped tomatoes and turmeric powder mix well. Cook the tomatoes over low heat till they become mushy..
- Additionally add the red chilli powder, salt to taste, chopped potato mix well. next add coriander powder, Garam masala and saute for a minute..
- Furthermore, Add soaked tamarind water, sugar and some more water. Let it simmer for a minute.
- After add fried lentil fritters into the pan, and let it simmer for 2 more mins..
- Lastly, garnish with chopped coriander leaves and serve Assamese bilahi boror tenga or (Assamese sour curry with red lentil fritters) with chapati or Rice..
If you find this Assamese bilahi boror tenga (Sour Curry with Red Lentil Fritter) recipe useful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.