Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe page, if you’re looking for Creamy Greens, Red Lentil and Chicken Curry recipe, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Creamy Greens, Red Lentil and Chicken Curry recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Creamy Greens, Red Lentil and Chicken Curry recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Doesn’t Have To Be A Chore.
Opting to eat healthily offers many benefits and is becoming a more popular way of living. There are a lot of health conditions related to a poor diet and there is a cost to the overall economy as people suffer from health problems such as heart disease and hypertension. Even though we’re constantly being counseled to adopt healthy eating habits, it is also easier than ever to rely on fast food and other convenience items that are not beneficial for us. Most likely, most people assume that it takes a lot of work to eat healthily and that they will need to drastically change their lifestyle. It is possible, however, to make a few small changes that can start to make a positive impact to our day-to-day eating habits.
These types of changes are easy to accomplish with all sorts of foods and can apply to the oils you cook in and the spread you put on bread. For example, monounsaturated fat such as olive oil can help to offset the bad cholesterol in your diet. Olive oil can likewise be healthy for your skin as it is a great source of vitamin E. If you presently are eating lots of fresh fruits and vegetables, you may want to think about where you’re buying them and if it’s the best source. Organic foods are a great choice and will reduce any possible exposure to harmful pesticides. Finding a local supplier of fresh fruits and veggies will give you the choice of consuming foods that still have virtually all of the nutrients which are oftentimes lost when produce has been kept in storage before it is sold.
Thus, it should be fairly obvious that it’s not difficult to add healthy eating to your everyday life.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to creamy greens, red lentil and chicken curry recipe. You can have creamy greens, red lentil and chicken curry using 14 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to cook Creamy Greens, Red Lentil and Chicken Curry:
- Get 1 of Medium Onion, finely chopped.
- Prepare 4 Tablespoons of canola oil.
- You need 2 Teaspoons of Fresh Garlic, finely chopped.
- Provide 2 Tablespoons of fresh ginger, finely chopped.
- Take 1 teaspoon of fresh chillies, finely chopped.
- Get 1/2 Cup of red lentils.
- Provide 3 of Chicken breasts, chopped into bite sized pieces.
- Get 1 Cup of water.
- You need 1 teaspoon of salt.
- Provide 1 Tablespoon of chicken spice.
- Provide 2 teaspoons of mild curry spice.
- You need 2 cups of chopped Swiss chard.
- Take 2 cups of chopped Chinese spinach.
- You need 1/4 Cup of fresh cream.
Steps to make Creamy Greens, Red Lentil and Chicken Curry:
- Sauté onion, garlic, ginger and lentils. Do not soak the lentils as they do not take long to cook. Sauté for 15 minutes on medium heat. Do not brown the onion..
- Add the chicken and season with chicken spice, curry spice and salt. Sauté for 20 minutes on medium heat. Stir regularly..
- Add the green Swiss chard and Chinese spinach. Put the lid on for 5 minutes..
- Remove the lid, stir and add the cup of water and put the lid back on for 15 minutes..
- Just as the water is almost completely absorbed, add the cream and put the heat on low..
- After 15 minutes and the liquid has thickened, you are ready to serve. Leave a bit longer for the liquid to thicken to your liking. Serve with fragrant rice, roasted or steamed vegetables..
If you find this Creamy Greens, Red Lentil and Chicken Curry recipe valuable please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.