Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe page, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the best Masoor Dahl (Red Lentil Curry) with Rice recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Masoor Dahl (Red Lentil Curry) with Rice recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Make Healthy Eating A Part of Your Daily Life.
Choosing to eat healthily has marvelous benefits and is becoming a more popular way of life. There are numerous illnesses associated with a poor diet and there is a cost to the overall economy as people suffer from health problems such as heart disease and hypertension. Everywhere you look, people are encouraging you to live a healthier lifestyle but on the other hand, you are also being encouraged to rely on convenience foods that can affect your health in a terrible way. A lot of people typically believe that healthy diets call for a lot of work and will significantly alter how they live and eat. Contrary to that information, people can change their eating habits for the better by carrying out a few modest changes.
One way to deal with this to begin seeing some results is to understand that you do not have to alter everything instantly or that you have to completely do away with certain foods from your diet. It’s not a bad idea if you want to make considerable changes, but the most vital thing is to bit by bit switch to making healthier eating selections. Soon enough, you will likely discover that you will eat more and more healthy food as your taste buds get used to the change. As you continue your habit of eating healthier foods, you will find that you will not wish to eat the old diet.
As you can see, it is not hard to start to make healthy eating a regular part of your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to masoor dahl (red lentil curry) with rice recipe. To cook masoor dahl (red lentil curry) with rice you need 18 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to cook Masoor Dahl (Red Lentil Curry) with Rice:
- Take 1 cups of lentils (red kind).
- You need 4 cups of water.
- Use 2 of onion.
- Get 2 of tomato.
- You need to taste of Ginger root.
- Get cloves of Garlic to taste.
- Use of Ground cumin.
- Get of Ground garam masala.
- Take of Ground coriander.
- You need of Ground cardamom.
- Take of Chili powder.
- Take of Cayenne pepper.
- Get of Ground turmeric.
- Prepare of Salt.
- Get of Ghee or oil.
- Prepare of Fresh Coriander.
- Prepare of Ground cinnamon.
- Use 1 cup of rice.
Steps to make Masoor Dahl (Red Lentil Curry) with Rice:
- Wash and rinse the rice. Then cook your rice per package directions and set aside. While rice is cooking wash and rinse your lentils then set aside.
- Dice onion garlic ginger tomato and set aside.
- In a bowl, proportion your spices to taste and set aside. I usually lead with turmeric and cumin as 11/2tsp ea followed by the rest at 1/4 to 1/2 tsp ea. You could just use a curry powder if you want. Proportion to taste. I used a curry powder (big pile on white cutting board) in the below photo along with some other spices. I did use a measuring spoon because it makes cool little piles).
- Heat ghee or oil in a pot then saute the onion until brown over medium high heat.
- Add garlic and ginger to pot then saute for another 1 minutes or so.
- Add diced tomato and saute for another 2 minutes or so.
- Add spices and mix into the masala and let them cook for 1 minute or so.
- Add lentils and mix until coated in spices.
- Add water, start with 2 cups in and then bring to boil then turn heat down and simmer covered for 20 to 30 minutes. Make sure to check it and give it a stir every so often. Add additional water as needed to form your desired consistency. (Blury photo).
- Chop the coriander then add to the pot. Reserve some leaves to add to each serving. Below photo was taken before I added some coriander to my bowl.
- You can do the same thing with chickpeas (channa dahl) just follow direction for preparing/cooking dried chickpeas or use canned version. I prefer the dried pulses..
- You can also omit the pulse and just add chicken and potato to make a chicken curry dish. I guess that is another receipe…lol.
If you find this Masoor Dahl (Red Lentil Curry) with Rice recipe valuable please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.