Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe page, looking for the perfect Roasted Squash & Spiced Lentils recipe? look no further! We provide you only the perfect Roasted Squash & Spiced Lentils recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Roasted Squash & Spiced Lentils recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Can Be An Easy Choice.
The benefits of healthy eating are now being given more publicity than ever before and there are good reasons for doing this. There are a number of diseases associated with a poor diet and there is a cost to the overall economy as people suffer from diseases such as heart disease and hypertension. Everywhere you look, people are encouraging you to live a healthier way of life but on the other hand, you are also being encouraged to rely on fast foods that can affect your health in a bad way. It is likely that a lot of people assume it will take so much effort to eat a healthy diet or that they have to make a large scale change to their way of life. Contrary to that information, individuals can change their eating habits for the better by carrying out some simple changes.
These changes are possible with all kinds of foods and can apply to the oils you cook in and the spread you put on bread. For instance, monounsaturated fat such as olive oil can help to offset the bad cholesterol in your diet. Olive oil is also a rich source of Vitamin E which has numerous benefits and is also terrific for your skin. If you currently consume a lot of fresh fruits and veggies, you may want to think about where you’re buying them and if it’s the best source. Organic foods are a superb option and will reduce any possible exposure to deadly chemicals. If you can find a good local supplier of fresh fruit and veggies, you can also consume foods that have not lost their nutrients because of storage or not being picked at the right time.
Hence, it should be quite obvious that it’s not difficult to add healthy eating to your life.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to roasted squash & spiced lentils recipe. To cook roasted squash & spiced lentils you only need 11 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to cook Roasted Squash & Spiced Lentils:
- Prepare 1 of medium squash.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of Olive oil.
- Prepare of Sprinkle of sumac (optional).
- Use 1 of large onion.
- Provide 300 g of red lentils.
- Use 1.5 tsp of garam masala.
- Get 1.5 tsp of medium curry powder.
- Take 1.5 tsp of ground cumin.
- Get 1.5 tsp of caraway seeds.
- Prepare to taste of Salt and pepper.
- Take 400 g of greens (eg. mix of tenderstem broccoli and mange tout).
Steps to make Roasted Squash & Spiced Lentils:
- Wash, deseed and chop squash into wedges..
- Spread the squash wedges evenly spaced on a baking tray. Drizzle with half the olive oil, season with salt and pepper. Sprinkle with sumac if desired. Place trays in a preheated oven (200°C) for 20-30 minutes until golden brown and soft..
- Finely chop the onion..
- Soften the onion in the remaining olive oil for 5-6mins..
- Then add the spices, stir through and cook for another 3 minutes..
- Add the lentils to the pan and stir well. Cover with cold water, bring to the boil and simmer for 30 minutes or until lentils are soft. Stir intermittently and add more water if required..
- Once soft, drain off any excess liquid and season well to taste..
- Serve with steamed greens. We used tenderstem broccoli and mange tout..
If you find this Roasted Squash & Spiced Lentils recipe useful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.