Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe page, If you’re looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Sweet Hambone Soup recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Sweet Hambone Soup recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Can Be An Easy Thing To Follow.
Choosing to eat healthily provides incredible benefits and is becoming a more popular way of living. Poor diet is a leading factor in health conditions such as heart disease and high blood pressure which can put a drain on the economy. Wherever you look, people are encouraging you to live a more healthy lifestyle but then again, you are also being encouraged to rely on convenience foods that can affect your health in a damaging way. People typically assume that healthy diets call for much work and will significantly change the way they live and eat. In reality, though, just making a few small changes can positively affect daily eating habits.
The first change you need to make is to pay more attention to what you purchase when you do your food shopping as it is likely that you are inclined to pick up many of the things without thinking. For example, has it crossed your mind to check how much sugar and salt are in your breakfast cereal? One heart-healthy substitute that can give you a great start to your day is oatmeal. By putting in fresh fruit, you can make oatmeal taste better and, before you know it, you will have made a good change to your diet.
Hence, it should be quite obvious that it’s not at all hard to add healthy eating to your everyday life.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to sweet hambone soup recipe. You can have sweet hambone soup using 19 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
The ingredients needed to cook Sweet Hambone Soup:
- Prepare 5 of Strips Of Thick Smoked Bacon.
- Use 2 of Garlic Cloves, Minced.
- Take 2 cup of Chopped Onion.
- Get 10 cup of Chicken Broth.
- You need 2 can of Crushed Tomatoes, Juice and All.
- Take 1 1/4 lb of Meaty Ham Bone.
- Use 1 of A Few Big Squirts Of Ketchup.
- Provide 3 cup of Canned Cannellini Beans, Drained and Rinsed.
- Take 2 cup of Chopped Ham (saved from your holiday ham).
- Provide 2 cup of Chopped Carrots.
- You need 2 cup of Chopped Celery.
- Prepare 2 cup of Cubed Potatoes.
- Use 2 cup of Cabbage, Chopped.
- Provide 1 cup of Brown Sugar, Adding a bit at a time to reach desired sweetness.
- Get 1/8 tsp of Ginger Powder.
- Get 1/2 of tsp. Dried Mustard.
- Take 2 of tsp. salt.
- Use 1 of Ground Black Pepper To Taste.
- You need 1 of Noodles Of Choice.
Steps to make Sweet Hambone Soup:
- Heat a large stock pot on stove. Add the bacon and cook until crisp. Remove and drain on paper towels..
- Add onions and garlic to pot. Saute about 5 minutes..
- Add remaining ingredients, including chopped up bacon. Bring to boil. Then turn down to simmer about 2-4 hours..
- Remove bone before serving. Serve with your favorite noodles (I used small shells) and a nice crusty bread! Enjoy!.
If you find this Sweet Hambone Soup recipe valuable please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.