Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe page, if you’re looking for Healthy Chicken & Veggie Curry recipe, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Healthy Chicken & Veggie Curry recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Healthy Chicken & Veggie Curry recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Can Be An Easy Choice.
The benefits of healthy eating are today being given more attention than ever before and there are a number of reasons for doing this. Poor diet is one factor in health conditions such as heart disease and high blood pressure which can place a drain on the economy. There are more and more efforts to try to get people to adopt a more healthy lifestyle and nonetheless it is also easier than ever to rely on fast, convenient food that is very bad for our health. In all probability, most people assume that it takes too much work to eat healthily and that they will need to drastically alter their way of life. In reality, though, simply making a couple of small changes can positively impact day-to-day eating habits.
These changes can be done with all types of foods and can apply to the oils you cook in and the spread you use on bread. Olive oil, for instance, has monounsaturated fats which are essentially good fats that fight the effects of bad cholesterol. It also provides vitamin E which is great for your skin, among other things. If you currently are eating lots of fresh fruits and veggies, you may want to think about where you’re getting them and if it’s the best source. If at all possible, try to buy organic produce that has not been sprayed with harmful chemical substances. You can ensure that you’re getting the most nutritional benefits from your fresh produce if you can find a local supplier because you will be able to buy the fruit when it is the freshest and ripest.
Therefore, it should be somewhat obvious that it’s not at all hard to add healthy eating to your everyday life.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to healthy chicken & veggie curry recipe. To make healthy chicken & veggie curry you only need 16 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
The ingredients needed to cook Healthy Chicken & Veggie Curry:
- Get 500 grams of Chicken breast or thigh meat.
- Provide 2 medium of Carrots.
- Use 2 medium of Onions.
- Provide 1 tbsp of Butter.
- Provide 3 clove of Garlic (finely chopped or thinly sliced).
- Get 2 tsp of Soup stock granules.
- You need 1 of Grated potato.
- Provide 1/2 of Grated apple.
- Get 100 ml of or more Canned tomato (whole or diced).
- Take 1000 ml of Water.
- You need 2 tbsp of Curry powder.
- Take 2 of blocks Store-bought curry roux (mild-spicy or spicy).
- You need 2 tbsp of Olive oil or vegetable oil.
- Provide 2 tbsp of Yogurt.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Honey or sugar.
- Use 1 tbsp of or more Japanese Worcestershire-style sauce.
Steps to make Healthy Chicken & Veggie Curry:
- Finely chop the onions and garlic. Mince the carrots in a food processor. Grate the apple and potato. Blend the canned tomatoes in the food processor..
- Put the finely chopped onions in a plastic container, add 1 tablespoon of butter, cover with a lid (or cling film), and microwave for 7-8 minutes..
- Pour the oil in a pot, sauté the garlic over low heat until fragrant. Add the onions from Step 2, and sauté until lightly browned. Add more oil, and fry the chicken and carrots..
- Add the water, canned tomatoes, grated vegetables and soup stock granules, and simmer for a while, skimming any scum from the surface..
- Lightly roast the curry powder in a frying pan over low heat. If you don't use any store-bought curry roux, add more curry powder..
- After simmering for 30-40 minutes, add the curry powder, and simmer for 10 minutes over low heat. Finally, add the roux, yogurt, Worcestershire-style sauce, and honey to adjust..
- You can fry the chicken before you sauté the onions (take the chicken out after frying, and set it aside). Yogurt is optional..
- If sautéing the onions is too much trouble for you, you can just lightly sauté them after microwaving. (Microwave for a little longer in this case.).
- You can grate the potato and apple directly into the pot as it simmers. You can slice the onions instead of finely chopping..
- You can use 2 cans of tomatoes, if you like. You don't have to use potato if you use store-bought curry roux..
- If you don't add the curry powder in Step 6, it will be a tomato soup.. Add more water and tomatoes to taste. https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/143374-healthy-chicken-tomato-soup.
- This is delicious with chicken drumettes..
- Turmeric Rice. https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/143375-turmeric-rice-for-curry.
If you find this Healthy Chicken & Veggie Curry recipe useful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.