Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe site, looking for the perfect Kofta Curry recipe? look no further! We provide you only the perfect Kofta Curry recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Kofta Curry recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Make Healthy Eating A Part of Your Day-To-Day Life.
The benefits of healthy eating are now being given more publicity than ever before and there are good reasons for doing this. There are numerous diseases linked with a poor diet and there is a cost to the overall economy as people suffer from conditions such as heart disease and hypertension. Although we’re incessantly being advised to stick with healthy eating habits, it is also easier than ever to depend on fast food and other convenience items that are not healthy for us. Most people typically believe that healthy diets call for much work and will significantly change the way they live and eat. In reality, though, just making some minor changes can positively impact everyday eating habits.
These healthier food choices can be applied to other foods such as your cooking oils. For example, monounsaturated fat such as olive oil can help to offset the bad cholesterol in your diet. Olive oil is also a great source of Vitamin E which has a lot of benefits and is also terrific for your skin. If you currently are eating a lot of fresh fruits and veggies, you may want to think about where you’re getting them and if it’s the best source. If you decide to eat organic foods, you can avoid the problem of consuming crops that may have been sprayed with harmful pesticides. If you can locate a good local supplier of fresh fruit and leafy greens, you can also ingest foods that have not lost their nutrients due to storage or not being picked at the right time.
All in all, it is easy to begin to make healthy eating a regular part of your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to kofta curry recipe. To cook kofta curry you only need 32 ingredients and 20 steps. Here is how you do it.
The ingredients needed to prepare Kofta Curry:
- Get of For the meatballs:.
- Get 1 of small onion (120 grams after peeling) roughly chopped.
- Get 1 of green chilli pepper stem removed and roughly chopped.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of mint leaves optional.
- Prepare 1 1/2 tsp of crushed garlic.
- You need 1 tsp of crushed ginger.
- Get 1 lb of ground beef.
- Get 2 tbsp of chickpea flour also called gram flour or besan.
- Prepare 1 of egg lightly whisked.
- Use 1 tsp of freshly squeezed lemon juice.
- Use 1/2 tsp of each(cumin powder, coriander powder, turmeric powder, black pepper powder, red chilli powder, and garam masala).
- Prepare 1 tsp of salt.
- Provide of For the curry:.
- Use 1 of large onion roughly chopped.
- Take 2 of medium (or 3 small) tomatoesroughly chopped.
- Prepare 1 inch of cinnamon stick.
- Get 1/4 cup of oil.
- Provide 1 tsp of cumin seeds.
- Take 3 of whole cloves.
- Prepare 1 of bay leaf.
- Prepare 1-2 of green cardamom pods.
- Use 4-5 cloves of garlic crushed.
- Get 1/2 inch of piece ginger crushed.
- Get 3 tbsp of plain whole milk yogurt.
- Provide 1 tsp of cumin powder.
- Get 1 tsp of coriander powder.
- You need 1/2-1 tsp of red chilli powder.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of turmeric powder.
- Get 1/4 tsp of paprika powder (regular or smoked) (optional).
- Get 1 1/2 tsp of salt.
- Take 2 cups of water.
- You need 1/2 tsp of garam masala.
Instructions to make Kofta Curry:
- Combine the onion, green chilli pepper, cilantro leaves, and mint leaves (if using) in a food processor..
- Use the pulse function to chop so that the onions are finely chopped but not blended. You don’t want the onions to break down too much and release water..
- Then add the rest of the ingredients listed under meatballs (including the meat) and process to combine for about 30 seconds or just until mixed..
- Using a bit of oil to grease your hands, form into meatballs about 1 ½ inch in diameter. It should make around 25 meatballs. Set aside..
- For Curry: Rinse your food processor. Then use the pulse function again to chop the onion..
- Remove and set aside..
- Then chop the tomatoes and green chilli pepper. Set aside..
- Heat a large, heavy bottomed pan over high heat..
- Add the oil and whole spices, and allow them to sizzle for a few seconds..
- Then add the chopped onion and sauté, stirring often, for 7-8 minutes, or until golden. Lower the heat to medium-high..
- Add the garlic and ginger & sauté another 2 minutes, until the onions have deepened even more in colour..
- Add the tomatoes and green chilli pepper mixture, followed by the yogurt, spices and salt..
- Sauté for 4-5 minutes or until the oil starts to separate from the mixture..
- Add 2 cups water and rise the heat to bring to a boil..
- When the water comes to a boil, lower the heat to the lowest setting. Once it has stopped boiling, arrange the kofte in a single layer..
- Rise the heat to medium, cover and allow it to cook for 10 minutes. Uncover and gently stir the kofte..
- Lower the heat to low-medium. Cover and allow it to simmer for another 35 minutes, stirring once in between, until cooked through..
- Sauté to evaporate water to make the kofte to desired consistency..
- Taste and add salt, if needed. Sprinkle in garam masala..
- Serve hot with Naan..
If you find this Kofta Curry recipe valuable please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.