Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe page, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Fennel and lentil soup – vegan recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Fennel and lentil soup – vegan recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Can Be An Easy Thing To Follow.
Opting to eat healthily provides incredible benefits and is becoming a more popular way of living. The overall economy is affected by the number of men and women who suffer from conditions such as hypertension, which is directly associated with poor eating habits. Although we’re always being counseled to follow healthy eating habits, it is also easier than ever to depend on fast food and other convenience items that are not good for us. A lot of people typically believe that healthy diets call for much work and will significantly change the way they live and eat. Contrary to that information, people can change their eating habits for the better by making a couple of small changes.
These healthier food choices can be applied to other foods such as your cooking oils. Olive oil, for instance, contain monounsaturated fats which are essentially good fats that battle the effects of bad cholesterol. Olive oil is also a rich source of Vitamin E which has a lot of benefits and is also great for your skin. Even though you may already eat a great deal of fruits and leafy greens, you might want to consider how fresh they are. Organic foods are an excellent alternative and will reduce any possible exposure to harmful chemicals. If you can find a good local supplier of fresh fruit and leafy greens, you can also eat foods that have not lost their nutrients because of storage or not being harvested at the right time.
To sum up, it is not hard to start making healthy eating a part of your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to fennel and lentil soup – vegan recipe. To cook fennel and lentil soup – vegan you only need 14 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Fennel and lentil soup – vegan:
- You need 1 tbsp of olive oil.
- Provide 1 of onion, peeled and chopped.
- Prepare 1 of garlic clove, peeled and crushed.
- Provide 1 of carrot, chopped.
- Provide 2 sticks of celery, chopped.
- Provide 1 of fennel bulb, chopped.
- Use 1 tsp of fennel seeds.
- Use 1/2 tsp of cumin seeds.
- Prepare 1/3 cup of puy lentils.
- You need 500 ml of vegan stock.
- Take 2 handfuls of kale- optional.
- Prepare of juice of 1/2 lemon.
- Provide of seasoning.
- Take 100 g of cooked grain eg freekeh, maftoul, giant couscous – optional.
Steps to make Fennel and lentil soup – vegan:
- Heat the oil in a pan (that has a lid for later) on a medium heat. Add the onion and garlic and sauté for about 10mins until softened..
- Add the carrot, celery, fennel, fennel seeds and cumin seeds. Turn the heat down to low- medium, cover and sauté for another 10-15 mins. Give them a stir now and then..
- Add the lentils and stock. Cover and simmer for 25-30 mins..
- Add the kale. Cover and cook for 5 mins..
- Stir in the lemon juice and the grains if using. Season to taste..
- Enjoy 😋.
If you find this Fennel and lentil soup – vegan recipe valuable please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.