Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe page, If you’re looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Baked Steaks in Mushroom Gravy recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Baked Steaks in Mushroom Gravy recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Can Be An Easy Choice.
Healthy eating is today a great deal more popular than before and rightfully so. Poor diet is one factor in health problems such as heart disease and hypertension which can place a drain on the economy. Everywhere you look, people are encouraging you to live a more healthy lifestyle but but then, you are also being encouraged to rely on convenience foods that can affect your health in a detrimental way. A lot of people typically believe that healthy diets demand much work and will significantly change how they live and eat. It is possible, however, to make a few minor changes that can start to make a difference to our daily eating habits.
Initially, you should be very careful when food shopping that you don’t unthinkingly put things in your shopping cart that you no longer wish to eat. As an example, most likely you have never checked the box of your favorite cereal to find out how much sugar it has. One heart-healthy option that can give you a great start to your day is oatmeal. By adding fresh fruit, you can give your oatmeal a better flavor and, before you know it, you will have made a healthy change to your diet.
Thus, it should be quite obvious that it’s not difficult to add healthy eating to your life.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to baked steaks in mushroom gravy recipe. To make baked steaks in mushroom gravy you only need 7 ingredients and 16 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
The ingredients needed to prepare Baked Steaks in Mushroom Gravy:
- Use 6 of cubed steaks (or thin beef steaks tenderized with meat hammer).
- Provide 1-2 cups of Flour for dusting, or as needed.
- You need of Vegetable or Canola Oil for frying (have at least 1/2 cup).
- Prepare 1 pack of fresh mushrooms, sliced.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of all-purpose flour for the gravy.
- Prepare to taste of Salt & pepper.
- Provide 4-6 cups of water.
Steps to make Baked Steaks in Mushroom Gravy:
- Pour out some white or wheat flour in a dish and flour each cubed steak..
- In a large frying pan, add enough oil to fill up to about 1/4 inch (6-7 mm). Heat oil and fry steaks until brown on one side….
- Then flip and brown on the other side..
- Remove steaks from oil (do not discard oil!) and place in an oven-safe dish or crock pot/slow cooker. If you'll be cooking them on the stove top, set aside on a plate for now..
- Drain most of the oil from the frying pan into a separate cup or bowl, but leave enough to saute mushrooms. Saute mushrooms for a few minutes until they are softened..
- Transfer mushrooms from frying pan into the oven dish or crock pot (set aside with steaks if cooking on stove top).
- Pour in enough of the oil left over from cooking so you have about 1/8 inch (3 mm).
- Add 5-6 Tbsp white flour to pan, along with a few sprinkles of salt and pepper..
- Whisk in and cook on medium until it starts to slightly brown..
- Add 4 cups water and bring to a full boil. It should start to thicken a little but it'll still be runny. My mom ended up adding another 1-2 cups after that for a total of 5-6 cups. Let simmer for around 5-10 minutes..
- Pour the gravy into the slow-cooker/crock pot or your oven dish. If using the stove-top, just add the steaks and mushrooms back into the gravy..
- FOR CROCK-POT/SLOW COOKER: Cover with lid and cook on high for 2-3 hours..
- FOR OVEN: Preheat to 350°F/180°C. Cover oven dish with lid (or foil) and bake for about 2 hours (could be a little more or less,so check for tenderness periodically!).
- FOR STOVE TOP: Simmer on low until steaks are tender. Keep an eye on it after an hour or so, to make sure that not too much of the water evaporates and that they don't get tough..
- We cooked it in a slow cooker for about 3 hours, and this is what it looks like! Taste the gravy and add more salt and pepper if needed..
- This dish never goes without serving with mashed potatoes! Pour some mushroom gravy over both the potatoes and the steak, serve and enjoy!.
If you find this Baked Steaks in Mushroom Gravy recipe useful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.