Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe page, if you’re looking for Potatoes and Poached Eggs in a Coconut Curry recipe, look no further! We provide you only the best Potatoes and Poached Eggs in a Coconut Curry recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Potatoes and Poached Eggs in a Coconut Curry recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Goodies that provide You Vitality.
We all know that having healthy foods can help us feel better inside our bodies. Increasing our daily allowance of healthy foods while reducing the intake of unhealthy kinds plays a role in a more balanced feeling. A salad tends to make us feel better than a piece of pizza (physically in any case). Selecting healthier food choices can be difficult when it is snack time. Shopping for snack foods can be a difficult task because you have so many options. Here are a handful of healthy snacks that can be used when you need a fast pick me up.
Whole grain meals are an superb choice for a fast wholesome snack. A bit of whole wheat toast, as an example is a great snack in the morning. When you have to have a fast treat on your way out the door, do not forget to look for whole grain chips, pretzels, and crackers. Deciding on whole grain foods is always far better than eating the highly processed grains we commonly come across in our grocery stores.
You will find lots of healthy snack foods you can choose that don’t involve a lot of preparation or searching. When you make the determination to be healthy, it’s simple to find what you need to be successful at it.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to potatoes and poached eggs in a coconut curry recipe. You can have potatoes and poached eggs in a coconut curry using 15 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Potatoes and Poached Eggs in a Coconut Curry:
- Get 4 of Eggs ( I made a big curry) :.
- Prepare 1 of Onion large : chopped.
- Provide 3 of Potatoes : medium diced into pieces.
- You need 1 can of Tomatoes : or 3 medium chopped.
- Take 2 cups of Squash : worth chopped.
- You need 3 of Chilli : slit lengthwise (HEAT!).
- Get of Ginger : small piece minced.
- Take 3 cloves of Garlic : minced.
- Get 2 tbsps of Curry Powder : (or a combo of tumeric, and coriander).
- You need 1 tbsp of Chilli Powder (or Paprika): (or a little more if you can handle it).
- Use 1 cup of Coconut milk -.
- You need to taste of Salt.
- Take 1 tsp of Mustard seeds -.
- You need 1 tsp of Cumin seeds -.
- Provide of Oil.
Instructions to make Potatoes and Poached Eggs in a Coconut Curry:
- Before we begin, make sure you use a WIDE and deep sauce pot. This gives the eggs room to poach well and the eggs won't disintegrate with the curry!.
- Heat some oil and add the mustard seeds and cumin seeds. When they start spluttering all over the place, add the minced ginger and garlic, green chillies and onions and saute. Once the onions are soft, add the potatoes and squash and the curry powders. Add a little water and allow it cook for a few minutes.
- A few minutes later add the tomatoes, and a few cups of water and the cup of coconut milk. Add the required amount of salt and some curry powder if needed. Stir well and allow it to cook. When the potatoes and squash are cooked through, it will be time for the eggs to go in. Simmer on medium-low heat for 10-15mins and allow the potatoes and squash to cook through.
- Test a potato in the pot and if it feels cooked (soft and mushy), if it is, break the eggs one by one into the pot. Do it slow and make sure the eggs don't break. It might sound tricky but it was not that difficult!.
- Reduce the heat to low and cover the pot with a lid. Cook for 5mins until the yolk is cooked. I cooked till I got a firm yolk, if you want a runny yolk it should take less than 5mins. Once done, allow the curry to rest for a few minutes before serving.
- Serve warm with some rice, roti or bread.
If you find this Potatoes and Poached Eggs in a Coconut Curry recipe valuable please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.