Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe page, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Basic Asian Curry Puff (Karipap) recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Basic Asian Curry Puff (Karipap) recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Strength Boosting Snack foods.
We are all aware that eating healthy foods can help us truly feel better inside our bodies. We have a tendency to feel way less gross when we increase our intake of wholesome foods and lower our consumption of processed foods. A salad allows us to feel a lot better than a piece of pizza (physically anyway). This is usually a problem, nonetheless, in terms of eating between meals. You can spend several hours at the supermarket searching for the right snack foods to help you feel healthy. There’s nothing like one of these healthy foods if you want an energy-boosting treat.
Healthy foods made from whole grains are fantastic for a fast snack. Starting your working day with a piece of whole grain bread toasted can give you that additional boost you need to get going. When you require a fast snack on your way out the door, do not forget to look for whole grain chips, pretzels, and crackers. Selecting whole grain snacks is always far better than eating the refined grains we commonly come across in our grocery stores.
A large selection of easy health snacks is easily accessible. Choosing to live a healthy life style can be as simple as you want it to be.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to basic asian curry puff (karipap) recipe. To make basic asian curry puff (karipap) you only need 19 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
The ingredients needed to prepare Basic Asian Curry Puff (Karipap):
- Take of Puff Dough.
- Get 1 of Egg – Grade B.
- Take 1/2 cup of Wam water.
- Get 3 1/2 cup of Flour.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of Salted butter / margerine.
- Prepare of Filling.
- Take 6 cup of Potatoes – Boiled to cook & diced small to size of corn seed.
- You need 1 cup of Diced + minced chicken.
- Use 1/4 cup of Cooking oil.
- Get 1 tsp of Garlic – Grated (You can use smoked garlic for better test).
- You need 3 cup of Diced indian Big Onion – OPTIONAL (Remove from the list if you are planning to keep them longer).
- Get 6 tbsp of Meat curry powder – Mix with 6 TBSP warm water (Add without water if you like them test more dry and curry colour looks heavy).
- Get 1/4 tsp of Cinnamon powder.
- Use 3 tsp of Salt.
- Use 3 tbsp of Sugar.
- Provide 1 tsp of Chicken stock powder.
- Use of Optional extra filling.
- Use 1/2 cup of Cheese – Grated.
- You need 5 of Eggs – Scramble with some butter & 1 TSP sugar.
Steps to make Basic Asian Curry Puff (Karipap):
- Dough: In a big bowl, mix well the butter with salt and egg and flour then only add in the water and knead into a dough. Let it rest aside.
- Boil diced potatoes around 10-15 minutes and strain them out before cooking them with the rest of the filling ingredients.
- Filling: Heat up a big pan and pour in cooking oil. Add in grated garlic then diced onion and saute for a while then add in cinnamon powder & cont wih the sautee until caramelised bit. Add in curry powder and stir until they look all together and you can see some oil out. Add in minced chicken and stir for few minutes. add the rest one by one and cook in slow heat until diced potatoes has been cooked fine, thick and no any liquid are seen. Let the filling cool down.
- Preheat a deep fryer. Take about 30gm – 50gm of the dough, rolls into about 3mm thin or you can use pasta roller mechine. Once you got the thickness u wanted (Thin is better), cut with a round cutter or you can use a puff moulder, take a spoon of the main filling and spread them on the half spot of the round dough, add some scramble egg with some grated cheese. fold the round dough once to make a half moon shape like to cover the filling as a skin and keeping them inside intact, keep round end stick together. Twirl the half round end side like making a pie and deep fry them until they've become light golden brown.
- Depend on the makes of the curry itself, you can add a TBSP extra or less to marry with all of the filling.
- If you are using wooden roller to roll the dough by hand, best to roll them thin earlier before the dough completely cool down.
- If you are using pasta roller machine to roll the dough thin, best to keep them chill first in the refrigerator for at least an hour earlier. Roll them thin to size 7.
If you find this Basic Asian Curry Puff (Karipap) recipe useful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.