Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe page, If you’re looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Simple Cabbage & Bean Soup with Pork recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Simple Cabbage & Bean Soup with Pork recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Stamina Boosting Snacks.
We all know that consuming healthy meals can help us really feel better in our bodies. We have a tendency to feel way less gross after we increase our daily allowance of wholesome foods and reduce our consumption of junk foods. A little bit of pizza does not cause you to feel as healthy as eating a fresh green salad. This is usually a problem, however, when it comes to eating between goodies. Shopping for goodies can be a struggle because you have a great number of options. Here are some healthy snacks that can be used when you need a fast pick me up.
Eating almonds is an excellent option as long as you don’t have a nut allergy. As an all-in-one power booster, almonds offer you many health benefits. Almonds really are a natural way to obtain B vitamins together with other vitamins and minerals. Tryptophan, an enzyme also found in turkey that causes drowsiness, is present in almonds. Having said that, you won’t need a nap after eating almonds. Rather, these nuts help in lowering stress and provide a soothing feeling throughout your body. Your emotional state can sometimes be lifted by simply eating almonds.
You will not have to look far to discover a wide range of healthy snacks that can be easily prepared. Choosing to live a healthy life style can be as easy as you want it to be.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to simple cabbage & bean soup with pork recipe. You can cook simple cabbage & bean soup with pork using 14 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
The ingredients needed to prepare Simple Cabbage & Bean Soup with Pork:
- Provide 1 pound of pork, cut into 1/2" cubes (I like shoulder, but you can use whatever cut you like.).
- Use 1/2 Tablespoon of oil.
- Use 1 of small onion, diced.
- Take 2 of large carrots, peeled and cut into roughly 1/2"pieces (I find the peel can sometimes impart a slightly bitter flavor.).
- Provide 1 of large stem of celery, diced.
- Provide 4 cloves of garlic, crushed.
- Take 1 Tablespoon of tomato paste + 1 teaspoon sugar OR 2 Tablespoons ketchup if you don't have tomato paste.
- Provide 1 of bay leaf.
- Take 1 teaspoon of dried thyme.
- Take 8 cups of liquid (any mixture of water and unsalted stock you like).
- Get 2.5 teaspoons of kosher salt to start.
- Prepare 1 Tablespoon of apple cider or distilled white vinegar.
- Provide 6 cups of chopped cabbage (roughly 1"pieces), about half a large head.
- Provide 2 (15 oz.) of cans (OR one 28 oz. can) unsalted white beans, drained. (I used Northern. You can also use Navy or Cannellini.).
Steps to make Simple Cabbage & Bean Soup with Pork:
- In a large pot or stockpot, bring the oil up to medium high heat and brown the pork..
- Add onions, carrots, celery, and garlic and saute for 2 or 3 minutes until the onions just start to turn translucent..
- Add bay leaf, thyme, and tomato paste (or ketchup), and give everything few good stirs. (This will give the tomato a chance to caramelize a bit.).
- Add liquid, salt, vinegar, and cabbage, give everything another few good stirs, turn the heat down to medium, and cook, covered, for 15 to 20 minutes..
- Turn heat down to medium low, add beans, stir them in, and cook, covered, for another 20 to 25 minutes. Adjust seasoning before the last 5 minutes of this cooktime to give all flavors a chance to meld..
- Enjoy! :).
If you find this Simple Cabbage & Bean Soup with Pork recipe helpful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.