Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe page, looking for the perfect Avarakai-Vendakai Mendhi Kuzhambu recipe? look no further! We provide you only the perfect Avarakai-Vendakai Mendhi Kuzhambu recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Avarakai-Vendakai Mendhi Kuzhambu recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Snacks that offer You Vitality.
Enjoying healthy foods tends to make all the difference in how we feel. We are likely to feel way less gross when we increase our daily allowance of nutritious foods and decrease our consumption of processed foods. Eating more vegetables helps you feel much better than eating a piece of pizza. Deciding on healthier food choices can be tough when it’s snack time. Finding goodies that will help us feel better and increase our energy levels often involves lots of shopping and painstaking reading of labels. Here are a handful of healthy snacks that you can use when you need a fast pick me up.
One of the most popular treats is yogurt. Often people decide to eat yogurt over a balanced lunch which is not the best idea. You can’t beat yogurt when it comes to a nutritious snack though. It consists of a great deal of calcium, healthy proteins, and B vitamins. Yogurt is simple for the body to digest and, based on the type of culture made use of to make the yogurt youre eating, can also help regulate your digestive system. Fast hint: select unsweetened yogurt and include walnuts or flaxseeds. It’s an simple way to reduce sugar while still enjoying a tasty snack.
You will find lots of healthy treats you can choose that never involve a lot of preparation or searching. Being healthier doesnt really need to be a battle-if you let it, it can be quite easy.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to avarakai-vendakai mendhi kuzhambu recipe. You can cook avarakai-vendakai mendhi kuzhambu using 15 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to cook Avarakai-Vendakai Mendhi Kuzhambu:
- Provide 6 of broad beans Avarakai or.
- Take 6 of okra Vendakai or.
- Provide 5 – 6 of curry leaves.
- Use 3 of green chillies.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of turmeric powder.
- Take 1 tsp of chilly red powder.
- Prepare 3 – 4 tbsps of of Kuzhambu Powder(see note).
- Use of sea salt.
- Provide 5 – 6 tbsps of sesame seed oil or nalla ennai.
- Prepare 1 tsp of mustard seeds or kadugu.
- Prepare 2 tbsps of fenugreek seeds methi of or or mendhyam.
- Get 1 tsp of channa dal or kadalai paruppu.
- Get 1 tsp of urad dal split white or udaicha ullundhu.
- Take 1 of asafoetida perungayam compounded or katti.
- Provide of tamarind gooseberry soaked in the size of a small or amla.
Instructions to make Avarakai-Vendakai Mendhi Kuzhambu:
- Wash and de-stem the avarakai / broad beans. Make a small cut at both ends of the avarakai and pull it down, this way you'll be able to pull out its fibre and cut them into medium sized oblong pieces..
- Similarly, chop of the nosey region of the vendakai / okra and chop into medium sized pieces..
- Chop the green chillies and de stem the curry leaves from its twig..
- Now take the tamarind and soak them in lukewarm water, add about 100 ml of luke warm water to it..
- After 10 minutes of soaking, the tamarind will turn soft. With the help of your hand squeeze the tamarind and take out its extract. Transfer this extract to another cup. Again add water to the tamarind and squeeze it again. This process can be done twice or thrice to a small gooseberry sized soaked tamarind. Keep the extract aside. Throw away the left over tamarind.This will yield about 200 – 250 ml of extract. You can add another 100-150 ml of water to the extract. Otherwise the kuzhambu w….
- Now take a heavy bottomed wok / kadaai, on medium heat, add all the ingredients mentioned under "Tempering". Saute this until the dals and fenugreek seeds(Methi / mendhyam) turn golden brown and the asafoetida should get roasted..
- Now add the green chillies,curry leaves and the vegetables. Saute them until both the vegetables turn soft and tender. Do this in medium heat / flame only..
- Now pour the tamarind extract and stir, while doing this keep the flame / heat in low, because when you add any liquid on hot oil, it tends to sizzle and it'll splutter on you. So care must be taken while adding the extract..
- Increase the heat to high, and stir. Allow this to boil for about 5 minutes, once the concoction boils vigorously add all the Powder ingredients and stir. (Add salt according to your taste. Salt is the only ingredient which I never mention in measurements because the taste differs from person to person. Add salt wisely and in moderation.).
- Let this boil for about 8-10 minutes in medium heat. After about 10 minutes check if the kuzhambu has thickened. Take the ladle and pour it and see. If you feel the consistency is too runny, take a small cup, add a tbsp or two of rice flour and mix it with water(about 3 tbsps should do). It should be like a paste. Pour this paste into the kuzhambu and stir. Within seconds the kuzhambu will thicken to your desired consistency. Kuzhambu should always be in aqueous consistency, i.e. it should….
- Once this thickens, take it off the heat and serve it hot with plain rice..
If you find this Avarakai-Vendakai Mendhi Kuzhambu recipe useful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.