Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe site, if you’re looking for Malabar Prawns Curry in Roasted Coconut Gravy recipe, look no further! We provide you only the best Malabar Prawns Curry in Roasted Coconut Gravy recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Malabar Prawns Curry in Roasted Coconut Gravy recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Snacks that give You Power.
Healthy and balanced eating helps bring about a feeling of well being. Increasing our intake of well balanced meals while decreasing the intake of unhealthy kinds contributes to a more wholesome feeling. A bit of pizza does not have you feeling as healthy as eating a fresh green salad. This is often a problem, nonetheless, with regards to eating between snacks. Finding snack foods that really help us feel better and boost our stamina often involves lots of shopping and painstaking reading of labels. Here are some healthy snacks that can be used when you need an instant pick me up.
Whole grain snacks are an excellent choice for a fast balanced snack. Starting your morning with a piece of whole grain toast can give you that added boost you need to get going. Eating on the run can be more healthy with wholesome chips and crackers. Make the change from refined products such as white bread to the healthier whole grain options.
You will not have to look far to find a wide selection of healthy snacks that can be easily prepared. Being healthy doesnt really need to be a battle-if you let it, it can be quite uncomplicated.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to malabar prawns curry in roasted coconut gravy recipe. You can cook malabar prawns curry in roasted coconut gravy using 12 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Malabar Prawns Curry in Roasted Coconut Gravy:
- Provide 1/2 kg of prawns.
- Get 3/4 cup of grated coconut.
- You need 4+ 2 of Shallots.
- Take 1/2 tsp of fennel seeds.
- Prepare 1 of tomato.
- You need 3/4 of malabar tamarind (raw /dried).
- Get 2-3 sprig of Curry leaves.
- Provide 2 tsp of coriander powder.
- You need 1&1/2 tsp of &1/2 tsp chillipowder.
- Use 1/2 tsp of turmeric powder.
- You need 1 tbsp of coconut oil.
- Take to taste of Salt.
Steps to make Malabar Prawns Curry in Roasted Coconut Gravy:
- In a pan roast the coconut, when the coconut turns light brown in colour add fennel seeds and 4 finely chopped shallots and roast again when aroma comes add coriander powder, Chilli powder and roast well. When the coconut is well roasted switch off flame and add turmeric powder and keep to cool..
- In a blender blend roasted coconut with 1-2 cups of water at batches. Blend to a smooth gravy..
- Pour the gravy to a clay pot or any cooking vessel. (fish curry is usually cooked in clay pots in kerala).
- Keep the pot on stove in medium heat. Add salt to taste and roughly chopped tomatoes. Beware of overspilling when the gravy boils, so keep stirring..
- When the gravy boils add prawns, malabar tamarind (i am using raw) and some curry leaves and cook well. Instead of malabar tamarind you can use normal tamarind pulp or raw mango..
- Cook until the the oil from the coconut turns and is seen on top..
- On another pan prepare the seasoning. Heat a pan pour 1 tablespoon coconut oil and add 2 finely chopped shallots and curry leaves. Fry until shallots turn brown. Pour the fried shallot along with the oil to the gravy..
- Prawns curry is ready to serve..
If you find this Malabar Prawns Curry in Roasted Coconut Gravy recipe valuable please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.