Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe site, If you’re looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the best Chingri Malai curry / Prawn Malaikari recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Chingri Malai curry / Prawn Malaikari recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Doesn’t Need To Be A Chore.
Healthy eating is now much more popular than it used to be and rightfully so. Poor diet is a leading factor in health conditions such as heart disease and hypertension which can put a drain on the economy. No matter where you look, people are encouraging you to live a more healthy way of living but on the other hand, you are also being encouraged to rely on convenience foods that can affect your health in a damaging way. It is likely that a lot of people feel it will take a lot of effort to eat a healthy diet or that they have to make a large scale change to their way of life. It is possible, however, to make some minor changes that can start to make a positive impact to our day-to-day eating habits.
You can get results without having to remove foods from your diet or make considerable changes at once. If you would like to commit to a wholesale change, that is fine but the main thing at first is to try to ensure that you are making more healthy eating choices. Soon enough, you will see that you actually prefer to eat healthy foods after you have eaten that way for some time. As you continue your habit of eating healthier foods, you will see that you won’t want to eat the old diet.
Therefore, it should be fairly obvious that it’s not difficult to add healthy eating to your life.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to chingri malai curry / prawn malaikari recipe. To cook chingri malai curry / prawn malaikari you need 20 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Chingri Malai curry / Prawn Malaikari:
- Prepare 250 gm of Prawn.
- Prepare 1 of medium potato(cubed).
- Use 1/2 cup of mustard oil.
- Provide to taste of Salt.
- Take 1 tsp of turmeric powder.
- Get 1 of bay leaf.
- Get 2 of " cinnamon stick.
- Provide 3 of green cardamoms.
- Take 5 of cloves.
- Use 1 of dry red chillies(halved).
- Take 4 tbsp of onion paste.
- Take 1 tbsp of ginger-garlic paste.
- Take 10 of cashew pasted.
- Use 3 tbsp of plain curd/yogurt.
- Use 0.5 tsp of sugar.
- You need 2.5 cup of coconut milk.
- You need 2 of green chillies(slit).
- Provide 1/2 cup of water.
- Use 1 tsp of ghee.
- Provide 2 tbsp of fresh cream for garnishing (optional).
Steps to make Chingri Malai curry / Prawn Malaikari:
- Soak the cashews and make a smooth paste after 30min..
- Clean the prawns very well keeping the heads for more taste🦐.
- Marinate the prawns and potatoes with little salt and 1/2 tsp turmeric powder for 15min..
- Grind the yogurt in a mixture grinder to get a smooth texture..
- Heat half of the oil i.e. 1/4th cup of oil in a kadai and LIGHTLY fry the prawns till they turn yellow/orange in colour. After taking the prawns out, fry the potatoes till golden brown in the same oil and keep aside🍤🍤🥔🍟.
- Add the remaining oil and temper it with bay leaf, cinnamon, cardamoms, cloves and red chillies🌶️🍂.
- Once the whole spices start spluttering and releasing smell, add the onion paste and the ginger-garlic paste along with salt and remaining turmeric powder. Add 2tbs of water and cook this for a few minutes till the oil separates from masala..
- Lower the flame and add the yogurt gradually, stirring continuously. Add the cashew paste and sugar along with it. Cook for a few minutes🥘.
- Now add the coconut milk, fried potatoes, fried prawns and the green chillies. Cover and simmer for 20min till the potatoes and prawns are soft and oil comes on the surface. Meanwhile add the remaining water🥥⌛.
- Adjust salt and sugar now..
- Turn off the flame and add the ghee and optional fresh cream🍽️.
If you find this Chingri Malai curry / Prawn Malaikari recipe helpful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.