Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe site, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Chingri diye Aloo Potoler Dalna (Parwal Prawns Curry – Bengali style) recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Chingri diye Aloo Potoler Dalna (Parwal Prawns Curry – Bengali style) recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Can Be An Easy Choice.
The benefits of healthy eating are nowadays being given more publicity than ever before and there are many reasons for this. There are many diseases linked with a poor diet and there is a cost to the overall economy as individuals suffer from diseases such as heart disease and high blood pressure. Wherever you look, people are encouraging you to live a healthier way of living but but then, you are also being encouraged to rely on convenience foods that can affect your health in a bad way. A lot of people typically assume that healthy diets require a lot of work and will significantly change the way they live and eat. Contrary to that information, individuals can alter their eating habits for the better by making some small changes.
One way to address this to start seeing some results is to realize that you do not need to change everything at once or that you need to entirely do away with certain foods from your diet. Even more crucial than totally modifying your diet is just substituting healthy eating choices whenever you can. In time, you will likely see that you will eat more and more healthy food as your taste buds get accustomed to the change. As you stick to your habit of eating healthier foods, you will discover that you no longer want to eat the old diet.
All in all, it is not hard to start making healthy eating a part of your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to chingri diye aloo potoler dalna (parwal prawns curry – bengali style) recipe. To make chingri diye aloo potoler dalna (parwal prawns curry – bengali style) you need 20 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Chingri diye Aloo Potoler Dalna (Parwal Prawns Curry – Bengali style):
- You need 10-12 of Potol (Parwal/Pointed Gourd), scraped & chopped into roundels.
- Get 1 of potato, cubed.
- Use 1/2 cup of prawns, deveined & cleaned.
- Take 3-4 tbsp. of mustard oil.
- You need 1" of cinnamon stick.
- Prepare 2-3 of green cardamoms.
- Use 4-5 of cloves.
- Take 2 of bay leaves.
- Provide 1/2 tsp. of cumin seeds.
- Get 1 tbsp. of ginger-garlic paste.
- Get 1 tsp. of roasted cumin powder.
- You need 1/2 tsp. of roasted coriander powder.
- You need 1/2 tsp. of turmeric powder.
- Provide 2-3 of fresh chilies, slit.
- You need 1 tsp. of red chilli powder.
- Take 1 tsp. of ghee.
- Take 1 of tomato, chopped.
- You need 1 tsp. of coriander leaves, chopped.
- Get 1/2 tsp. of garam masala powder.
- You need to taste of salt.
Instructions to make Chingri diye Aloo Potoler Dalna (Parwal Prawns Curry – Bengali style):
- Heat oil and fry the prawns till golden brown. Drain and keep aside. In the same oil fry the potato and parwals separately till light brown. Keep aside..
- Heat the remaining oil & temper with bay leaves, cinnamon, cardamoms, cloves and cumin seeds. Saute for a few seconds..
- Add ginger-garlic paste, cumin powder, coriander powder, turmeric powder and red chilli powder mixed with 1/4 cup water. Saute till the oil separates..
- Now add the fried parwals, potatoes, prawns, slit chilies and salt to taste. Mix everything well and stir fry for 2 minutes..
- Add 2 cups water & simmer, covered on a low flame till the gravy thickens and the parwals turns soft..
- Add tomato & garam masala powder. Cover and cook further for 2 minutes..
- When done, add ghee and mix well. Switch off the flame..
- Garnish with coriander leaves & serve with either plain steamed rice, chapati or poori..
If you find this Chingri diye Aloo Potoler Dalna (Parwal Prawns Curry – Bengali style) recipe useful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.