Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe site, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Kerala Style Fish Curry using green mangoes or kodampuli recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Kerala Style Fish Curry using green mangoes or kodampuli recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Power Treats.
We are very mindful that having healthy foods can help us really feel better inside our bodies. When we eat more healthy foods and a lesser amount of of the unhealthy ones we typically feel much better. A salad allows us to feel much better than a piece of pizza (physically at any rate). Sometimes it’s hard to find healthier foods for something to eat between meals. Shopping for snacks can be a struggle because you have so many options. Here are a few healthy snacks that can be used when you need an instant pick me up.
Yogurt can be a snack a lot of people ignore. In fact, many people will substitute a container of yogurt for a healthy lunch-something we do not recommend. As a treat, however, yogurt is one of the very best things you’ll be able to reach for. Along with calcium, it really is a good source of aminoacids and vitamin B. Yogurt is typically eaten to help preserve the digestive system because it is so easily digestible by the majority of people. Yogurt unites perfectly with nuts as well as seeds. This decreases your sugar consumption without minimizing the taste of your snack.
You will not have to look far to locate a wide variety of healthy snacks that can be easily prepared. Being healthy and balanced doesnt need to be a battle-if you let it, it can be quite uncomplicated.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to kerala style fish curry using green mangoes or kodampuli recipe. To make kerala style fish curry using green mangoes or kodampuli you only need 12 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
The ingredients needed to cook Kerala Style Fish Curry using green mangoes or kodampuli:
- Provide 10 – 12 1 inchs of King Fish thick pieces of (or King Mackerel).
- Use 3 cups of coconut milk *.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of chopped ginger thinly.
- You need 3 of green chillies small slit length-wise.
- Get 1/2 tsp of turmeric powder.
- Take 2 tsp of red chilli powder (1 tsp for mild, 3 tsp for extra hot).
- Take 2 tsp of salt of (or a little more as per taste).
- Provide 1 of 1 cup inch of mango cube raw/green pieces.
- You need of (or 3 small pieces of kodampuli).
- Prepare 1 tbsp of red onions shallots finely chopped or.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of coconut oil.
- Take 1 sprig of curry leaves of.
Steps to make Kerala Style Fish Curry using green mangoes or kodampuli:
- Method:Take a medium size cooking pot (I use earthen pot since that's what's used traditionally in Kerala and this imparts a nice smoky flavor to the fish curry). But you could use any stainless steel or non stick pot. Add the cleaned pieces of fish into the pot(make sure to drain any water used for cleaning). Next add the green chillies and the ginger. then add the turmeric powder, red chilli powder and salt. Next add the cut raw mangoes (or the kodampuli that has been soaked in a tbsp of….
- Place the pot on the stove on medium heat for about 2-3 minutes till you see the coconut milk bubbling. Immediately put the burner on low simmer and cover the pot with a lid. Cook covered for about 20 minutes swirling the pot gently every 5 minutes or so in order to prevent the fish from sticking to the pot. Next open the lid and let the curry simmer for about 2 minutes in the open until you get the gravy to a thick consistency..
- Finally take one tablespoon of coconut oil in a tadka pan and heat the oil for about 30 seconds. Then add the chopped onions and saute till golden brown. Add the curry leaves with its stem. Pour all the coconut oil and the onions and curry leaves into the fish pot. Your fish curry is ready. Enjoy with rice and pappadam..
- For getting coconut milk:.
- 2 cups of fresh grated coconut or (frozen grated coconut that has been thawed).
- 2 cups plus 1 cup of warm water.
- Take the 2 cups of fresh grated coconut (or thawed frozen grated coconut) and add to a blender along with 2 cups of warm water. Blend for about 1-2 minutes. Then strain using a large strainer directly into the pot with the fish. Next take the coconut from the strainer and again add to the blender with another 1 cup of warm water. Blend it again for about 1 minute and strain this milk into the pot so you will have approximately 3 cups of coconut milk..
If you find this Kerala Style Fish Curry using green mangoes or kodampuli recipe valuable please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.