Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe site, looking for the perfect Goan Fish/Egg Curry recipe? look no further! We provide you only the best Goan Fish/Egg Curry recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Goan Fish/Egg Curry recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Make Healthy Eating A Part of Your Day-To-Day Life.
Making the decision to eat healthily has great benefits and is becoming a more popular way of life. There are many illnesses associated with a poor diet and there is a cost to the overall economy as people suffer from conditions such as heart disease and hypertension. Everywhere you look, people are encouraging you to live a more healthy lifestyle but then again, you are also being encouraged to rely on convenience foods that can affect your health in a detrimental way. Most likely, most people believe that it takes too much work to eat healthily and that they will need to drastically alter their way of life. In reality, however, just making a couple of minor changes can positively impact day-to-day eating habits.
If you want to see results, it is definitely not essential to drastically change your eating habits. It’s not a bad idea if you want to make big changes, but the most crucial thing is to step by step switch to making healthier eating choices. As you get used to the taste of healthy foods, you will see that you’re eating more healthily than you used to. Like many other habits, change happens over a period of time and when a new way of eating becomes part of who you are, you are not going to feel the need to revert to your old diet.
As you can see, it is easy to begin to make healthy eating a part of your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to goan fish/egg curry recipe. To cook goan fish/egg curry you need 16 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
The ingredients needed to prepare Goan Fish/Egg Curry:
- Take 500 gms of fish cleaned.
- You need 2 tbsps of lemon juice.
- You need 2 tbsps of tamarind juice.
- Provide 1 tbsp of Chili powder.
- Use 1 tbsp of Turmeric powder.
- You need 1 tbsp of Corriander powder.
- Provide 1 cup of coconut grated.
- Get 6 – 7 cloves of garlic.
- You need 1 of ginger " slice of.
- You need 1 tbsp of vegetable oil.
- Get 1/2 cup of water hot.
- Use 2 of onions large sliced.
- Take 4 of aniseed pieces.
- Provide 1 – 2 of Bay leaf.
- Prepare to taste of Salt.
- Get 4 of eggs full boiled.
Instructions to make Goan Fish/Egg Curry:
- Marinate the fish in mixture of turmeric powder, salt and lime juice for about 15-20 minutes. Apply a thin layer on all the sides of the fish and keep it aside.You can use any fish of your choice but my personal favourite is Pomfret(Butterfish), Surmai (Kingfish). Even Tilapia tastes good in this style of cooking..
- Put grated coconut, turmeric powder, chili powder, coriander powder, tamarind water, garlic, ginger along with hot water in a blender..
- Mix till a smooth consistency is achieved. Hot water will help to take coconut milk out of it while blending..
- Heat a deep pan on a medium flame and add the oil. Once it is hot, add Bay leaf, Aniseed and onions and saute till the onions turn brown..
- Add masala paste you just ground to the oil and fry for 5 minutes. Add 2 cups of water to achieve desired flowing consistency of the gravy.Let it boil once and then simmer it and let it cook for another 7-10 minutes. Add salt..
- Gently add the marinated fish pieces in the pan and let it cook for 10 minutes. Do not cover the pan anytime while cooking..
- For Egg variant, use the same gravy and instead of adding fish, add small pieces of white of eggs. Also do not add too much of water as in for fish. Egg gravy tastes better if it is thicker..
- Garnish your dish with fresh Cilantro and serve with plain boiled rice..
If you find this Goan Fish/Egg Curry recipe helpful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.