Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe site, looking for the perfect Squash & chickpea curry recipe? look no further! We provide you only the perfect Squash & chickpea curry recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Squash & chickpea curry recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Can Be An Easy Choice.
Opting to eat healthily has incredible benefits and is becoming a more popular way of living. There are numerous illnesses associated with a poor diet and there is a cost to the overall economy as people suffer from diseases such as heart disease and high blood pressure. Wherever you look, people are encouraging you to live a healthier way of life but then again, you are also being encouraged to rely on fast foods that can affect your health in a terrible way. It is likely that lots of people believe it will take lots of effort to eat a healthy diet or that they have to make a large scale change to their way of life. Contrary to that information, individuals can alter their eating habits for the better by implementing a couple of modest changes.
These more wholesome food options can be applied to other foods such as your cooking oils. Olive oil, for example, is loaded with monounsaturated fats which are basically good fats that fight the effects of bad cholesterol. Olive oil is also a rich source of Vitamin E which has numerous benefits and is also great for your skin. It could be that you already believe that you consume fruit and veggies but it can be worthwhile considering how fresh these are depending on where you purchase these. If at all possible, try buying organic produce that has not been sprayed with toxic pesticides. You will be sure that you’re getting the most nutritional benefits from your fresh produce if you can locate a local supplier since you will be able to purchase the fruit when it is the freshest and ripest.
To sum up, it is easy to begin to make healthy eating a regular part of your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to squash & chickpea curry recipe. You can have squash & chickpea curry using 9 ingredients and 2 steps. Here is how you do that.
The ingredients needed to make Squash & chickpea curry:
- Prepare 1 of onion, chopped.
- Use 1-2 cloves of garlic, crushed.
- Use 1 of small Butternut Squash, peeled, deseeded & cut into cubes.
- Prepare 1 tin of chopped tomatoes.
- Take 1 tin of chickpeas, drained & rinsed.
- Prepare 400 ml of vegetable stock.
- Take 4 blocks of frozen spinach.
- Provide 1-2 tsp of curry powder (depending on how hot it is/how you like it!).
- Provide of salt & pepper.
Steps to make Squash & chickpea curry:
- Place a large frying pan (or saucepan or wok) over a medium heat with 2 tbsp oil. Cook the onion for 2 minutes then add the garlic & cook for another minute before adding the squash. Stir in the curry powder after 5 minutes. Pour in the stock & tomatoes, stir well then season with salt & pepper & simmer for a few minutes then add the spinach allowing it to melt a little before stirring..
- Add the chickpeas leave to simmer again, stirring occasionally, for about 20 minutes or until the squash is tender. Serve with rice or naan bread..
If you find this Squash & chickpea curry recipe useful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.