Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe page, if you’re looking for Best chicken and chickpea curry recipe, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Best chicken and chickpea curry recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Best chicken and chickpea curry recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Energy Enhancing Treats.
We all know that having healthy foods can help us really feel better in our bodies. When we eat more healthy meals and less of the unhealthy ones we usually feel much better. A salad tends to make us feel much better than a piece of pizza (physically anyway). Deciding on healthier food choices can be difficult when it is snack time. Finding snack foods that really help us feel better and increase our levels of energy often involves lots of shopping and meticulous reading of labels. There’s nothing like one of these simple healthy foods when you really need an energy-boosting snack.
Yogurt can be a snack many people ignore. The fact is, many individuals will substitute a container of yogurt for a healthy lunch-something we really do not recommend. As a treat, however, yogurt is one of the best things you can reach for. Along with calcium, it really is a good supplier of necessary protein and vitamin B. Easily digestible, yogurt can even help your digestive tract work appropriately depending upon the culture used to produce it. Yogurt unites beautifully with nuts as well as seeds. It’s an easy way to minimize sugar while still enjoying a yummy snack.
A large selection of quick health snacks is easily available. Determining to live a healthy lifestyle can be as simple as you want it to be.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to best chicken and chickpea curry recipe. You can cook best chicken and chickpea curry using 17 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Best chicken and chickpea curry:
- Prepare 3 of large chicken breasts, cut into large chunks.
- You need 2 tbsp of thick yoghurt – we use Fage 5% greek.
- You need 2 of heaped tsp cumin.
- Provide 1 of heaped tsp garam masala.
- You need 1 tsp of turmeric.
- Take Half of tsp mild chilli powder.
- Take 3 tbsp of olive or coconut oil.
- You need 2 of medium onions, finely chopped.
- Prepare 2 of garlic cloves,finely chopped.
- You need 1 inch of piece of root ginger (or use a heaped tsp frozen ginger), finely chopped or grated.
- Prepare 2 of extra tsp cumin and turmeric.
- Use 8-10 of new potatoes, skins on, pre-cooked – we were using some leftovers!.
- Get 400 g of tin coconut milk (you could use light but we prefer regular full-fat!).
- Prepare 210 g of tin chickpeas.
- Provide 150 g of fresh spinach.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of tomato puree.
- Take of Salt and pepper.
Steps to make Best chicken and chickpea curry:
- Add the spices (cumin, garam masala, turmeric and chilli powder) to a bowl with 1 tbsp of oil and mix. Add 2 tbsp of greek yoghurt and stir well. Add the chicken to the bowl and coat with the spice mixture. Cover and put in the fridge and marinade for as long as you can – we often forget to do it overnight but this produces the best results. If not, marinade as soon as you remember, even for an hour before cooking..
- To start cooking, heat the 1 tbsp of oil in a large frying pan or wok. Add the onion, garlic and ginger and fry for 5 minutes until softened. Add 1 tsp of extra cumin and turmeric and stir for a minte or so..
- In a bowl, add the remaining cumin and garam masala to 1 tbsp of oil and mix. Tip in the cooked potatoes and stir well until coated..
- In a smaller non-stick pan, fry the potatoes until they are crispy and golden – this should take about 10 to 15 minutes..
- Whilst your potatoes are frying, add the marinating chicken chunks with their sauce to the cooked onion mixture in your large pan. Turn up the heat so that the mixture starts to bubble, then reduce the heat to low/medium. Add half a tin of coconut milk and cook for approx 15 minutes or until sauce starts to thicken and the chicken is cooked. If the sauce starts to thicken too much, add more coconut milk, a little at a time..
- Add 1 tbsp of tomato puree and a small tin of drained chickpeas. Stir well, adding the fresh spinach and stir again. Cover and cook for 5 minutes..
- Now add the crispy potatoes and cook for a final 5 minutes.
- Season well with salt and pepper and serve with basmati brown rice or poppodums and naan if you prefer. You can also serve the potatoes separately as I did for my children as they love the crispiness!!.
If you find this Best chicken and chickpea curry recipe helpful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.