Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe site, If you’re looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Chili Mac and cheese recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Chili Mac and cheese recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Doesn’t Have To Be A Chore.
The benefits of healthy eating are nowadays being given more publicity than ever before and there are good reasons why this is so. The overall economy is affected by the number of individuals who suffer from diseases such as high blood pressure, which is directly linked to poor eating habits. There are more and more campaigns to try to get us to follow a healthier lifestyle and all the same it is also easier than ever to rely on fast, convenient food that is very bad for our health. Most likely, a lot of people assume that it takes a lot of work to eat healthily and that they will have to drastically change their way of life. Contrary to that information, people can change their eating habits for the better by carrying out a couple of modest changes.
These changes are easy to accomplish with all types of foods and can apply to the oils you cook in and the spread you put on bread. Olive oil contains monounsaturated fat which can help to lower bad cholesterol. It can likewise be good for your skin since it is a superb source of vitamin E. It could be that you already think that you consume fruit and vegetables but it can be worthwhile considering how fresh these are depending on where you get these. If at all possible, try buying organic produce that has not been sprayed with harmful chemical substances. If you can find a good local supplier of fresh fruit and leafy greens, you can also eat foods that have not lost their nutrients due to storage or not being harvested at the right time.
Therefore, it should be somewhat obvious that it’s not hard to add healthy eating to your life.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to chili mac and cheese recipe. To make chili mac and cheese you need 9 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
The ingredients needed to cook Chili Mac and cheese:
- Take 1 lb. of ground beef (85% lean).
- Prepare 2 1/2 cups of elbow macaroni.
- Use 14.5 oz of can of diced tomatoes with green chilies.
- Provide 8 oz of can tomato sauce.
- Prepare 2 tablespoons of chili powder.
- Use 1/2 tablespoon of cumin.
- Provide 1 teaspoon of salt, divided.
- Get 1 cup of shredded colby jack cheese.
- Use 3 1/2 cups of water.
Instructions to make Chili Mac and cheese:
- Set Instant Pot to saute mode and add ground beef and 1/2 teaspoon of salt. Stir often until all the beef is browned. Should take about 5 minutes. Press cancel and drain fat..
- Sprinkle chili powder, cumin and 1/2 teaspoon salt on top of the browned meat. Then add macaroni on top (don’t stir). Add 3 1/2 cups water and make sure all macaroni is submerged. Add cans of tomato sauce and diced tomatoes right on top in the center. Do not stir!.
- Secure lid, make sure vent is set to sealing and pressure cook (“manual” on some Instant Pots) on high for 4 minutes. When timer is complete, quick release the pressure..
- Remove lid and stir contents well. Everything will begin to thicken. Add 1 cup of shredded colby jack cheese and stir it in so it melts into the sauce..
- Serve with additional shredded cheese on top and enjoy!.
- Notes- you don’t need a instant pot to make this. For stove top cook noodles separate, and add it to the meat sauce, you won’t need the water, can use 2 cans of tomato sauce instead..
- I end up using the whole box of pasta, and I used 15 oz of tomato sauce, it did take more water to cover my pasta.
If you find this Chili Mac and cheese recipe useful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.