Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe page, looking for the perfect Chickpea and Spinach Curry #newyearnewyou recipe? look no further! We provide you only the best Chickpea and Spinach Curry #newyearnewyou recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Chickpea and Spinach Curry #newyearnewyou recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Energy Snacks.
Healthy and balanced eating promotes a feeling of wellness. Increasing our consumption of sensible foods while lowering the intake of unhealthy kinds plays a role in a more healthy feeling. A little bit of pizza will not have you feeling as healthy as eating a fresh green salad. Sometimes it’s tough to find wholesome foods for something to eat between meals. You can spend numerous hours at the supermarket searching for the right snack foods to allow you to feel healthy. Here are a handful of healthy snacks which you can use when you need a quick pick me up.
When searching for a convenient wholesome snack, don’t forget about yogurt. Eating yogurt in place of a nutritious larger lunch just isn’t a good idea. As a food, however, yogurt is one of the greatest things you are able to reach for. It is a protein-rich resource of healthy vitamins and minerals. Yogurt is simple for the physical body to digest and, based on the type of culture utilized to make the yogurt youre eating, can also help normalize your digestive system. Try adding some wholesome nuts to unsweetened natural yogurt for a healthy snack idea. This reduces your sugar consumption without reducing the taste of your snack.
You will find lots of healthy treats you can choose that do not involve a lot of preparation or searching. Deciding to live a healthy lifestyle can be as easy as you want it to be.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to chickpea and spinach curry #newyearnewyou recipe. You can have chickpea and spinach curry #newyearnewyou using 21 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you do that.
The ingredients needed to cook Chickpea and Spinach Curry #newyearnewyou:
- Take 2 tins of chickpeas, drained and rinsed.
- Take 1 tin of plum tomatoes.
- Provide 6 blocks of frozen chopped spinach (defrosted and squeezed to release excess water) or 2 large handfuls fresh spinach, torn into pieces.
- Prepare 1 tsp of yellow mustard seeds.
- Provide 1/2 tsp of Nigella seeds.
- Take 1 tsp of Cumin seeds.
- Provide 1/2 of Cinnamon stick.
- Prepare 4 of Cardamom pods, lightly crushed.
- Prepare 1 tsp of ground Coriander.
- You need 2 tsp of ground Cumin.
- Get 1/2 tsp of Tumeric.
- You need 1/2 tsp of ground Ginger.
- Prepare 3 of fat cloves Garlic, crushed.
- Use 2 of onions, thinly sliced.
- Prepare of Rapeseed oil.
- You need of Salt and black Pepper.
- Provide of To serve:.
- You need 100 g of Plain Yoghurt.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Mint Sauce.
- Provide of Naan Breads (I cheated and bought some!).
- Provide of Chutneys, I love Lime Pickle and Aubergine Chutney.
Steps to make Chickpea and Spinach Curry #newyearnewyou:
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan. When the oil is hot add the Cumin seeds, Nigella seeds, Cinnamon stick, Cardamom pods and Yellow mustard seeds. Stir and allow spices to release their fragrance for about 30 seconds. They will start to pop!.
- Add the onions and fry until a deep golden brown and caramelised. Add the crushed Garlic and cook gently for a minute. Stir occasionally to prevent the Garlic from browning..
- Add the ground spices, stir, then add the Plum Tomatoes and break them up into pieces..
- Add the drained Chickpeas, give them a good stir to coat in all of the spices and tomatoes. Add about half a tin of water to loosen. Bring to the boil, cover and then turn down to a simmer for about 15 minutes. Check every now and then to make sure the Chickpeas don't dry out. Add a splash more water if needed..
- Once the curry is a lovely thick, saucy consistency check the seasoning and add some salt and black pepper to taste. Then add the spinach, give it a good stir and cook for a few minutes. If using fresh Spinach allow it to just wilt and then serve..
- Serve with your favourite Naan breads, Chapatis or rice with a serving of Mint Yoghurt (blend the Yoghurt and Mint Sauce together) and some lovely chutneys. I love Aubergine Chutney and Lime Pickle..
- A lovey addition is a few crispy onions. Finely sliced onion, squeezed dry in kitchen paper and then deep-fried in hot Rapeseed oil for a few.
- Minutes, until crisp and golden brown and then drained on Kitchen paper to blot off the excess oil. I often make a batch to keep in the ‘fridge to top various meals and add extra crunch and Umami flavour..
If you find this Chickpea and Spinach Curry #newyearnewyou recipe helpful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.