Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe site, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the best Chickpea and Spinach Curry recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Chickpea and Spinach Curry recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Doesn’t Need To Be A Chore.
Deciding to eat healthily has great benefits and is becoming a more popular way of life. Poor diet is one factor in diseases such as heart disease and hypertension which can place a drain on the economy. There are more and more campaigns to try to get people to adopt a healthier lifestyle and yet it is also easier than ever to rely on fast, convenient food that is very bad for our health. It is likely that many people believe it will take so much effort to eat a healthy diet or that they have to make a large scale change to the way they live. Contrary to that information, individuals can modify their eating habits for the better by making a couple of small changes.
These more wholesome food choices can be applied to other foods such as your cooking oils. Olive oil has monounsaturated fat which can help to lower bad cholesterol. It can likewise be healthy for your skin as it is a great source of vitamin E. If you currently consume a lot of fresh fruits and vegetables, you may want to think about where you’re getting them and if it’s the best source. If you can opt for organic foods, you can avoid the problem of consuming crops that may have been sprayed with deadly pesticides. You can ensure that you’re getting the most nutritional benefits from your fresh produce if you can find a local supplier as you will be able to purchase the fruit when it is the freshest and ripest.
Hence, it should be fairly obvious that it’s not at all hard to add healthy eating to your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to chickpea and spinach curry recipe. To make chickpea and spinach curry you need 9 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you do it.
The ingredients needed to cook Chickpea and Spinach Curry:
- Take 1 of yellow onion.
- Use 1 of big piece of fresh ginger (to taste).
- You need 2 of garlic cloves.
- Prepare 1 can of chickpeas (400g), rinsed and drained.
- Prepare 1 can of chopped tomatoes.
- You need 350 g of frozen chopped spinach.
- Provide 2 tablespoons of curry powder.
- You need of (to taste) black pepper, salt.
- Take 1 teaspoon of sugar.
Instructions to make Chickpea and Spinach Curry:
- Dice the onion, chop the ginger finely and crush the garlic cloves. Heat a tablespoon of oil in a skillet over medium high heat.
- Add onion to the skillet. Fry until translucent, then add ginger. As soon as it gets fragrant, add garlic.
- Next, add cooked chickpeas, canned tomatoes and spinach. Cover with a lid and bring to a boil.
- Add seasoning and simmer for 10-15 minutes stirring occasionally. Serve over rice. Enjoy :).
If you find this Chickpea and Spinach Curry recipe useful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.