Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe site, if you’re looking for Turkey veggie soup recipe, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Turkey veggie soup recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Turkey veggie soup recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Doesn’t Need To Be Difficult.
The benefits of healthy eating are these days being given more publicity than ever before and there are a number of reasons for this. Poor diet is one factor in diseases such as heart disease and hypertension which can place a drain on the economy. There are more and more campaigns to try to get us to lead a more healthy way of living and still it is also easier than ever to rely on fast, convenient food that is very bad for our health. In all likelihood, most people assume that it takes a great deal of work to eat healthily and that they will have to drastically change their lifestyle. It is possible, however, to make some minor changes that can start to make a difference to our daily eating habits.
You can make similar changes with the oils that you use for cooking. Olive oil has monounsaturated fat which can help to reduce bad cholesterol. It also is a good source of vitamin E which is great for your skin, among other things. While you may already eat lots of fruits and veggies, you may want to consider how fresh they are. If you go for organic foods, you can avoid the problem of ingesting crops that may have been sprayed with harmful pesticides. Searching for a local supplier of fresh produce will give you the choice of consuming foods that still have almost all of the nutrients which are typically lost when produce has been kept in storage before it is sold.
To sum up, it is not hard to begin to make healthy eating a part of your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to turkey veggie soup recipe. To cook turkey veggie soup you need 19 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
The ingredients needed to prepare Turkey veggie soup:
- Prepare 2 of zucchini sliced and halved.
- Provide 2 of yellow squash sliced and halved.
- You need 1 of small onion chopped.
- Take 2 of handfuls baby carrots chopped.
- Get 4 of garlic cloves chopped.
- Provide 3 of celery stalks chopped.
- Use 1 of can black beans.
- Get 1 of can italian diced tomatoes.
- Take 1 cup of split green peas (softened).
- Use 3/4 cup of brown rice.
- Use 4 cup of vegetable broth.
- Use 3 cup of V8.
- You need 1 tbsp of italian seasoning.
- Get 1 tsp of thyme.
- Provide of kosher salt fresh ground pepper.
- Use 1 lb of ground turkey meatballs.
- Provide 1/3 cup of italian bread crumbs.
- Get 1 of egg.
- Prepare of salt and pepper.
Steps to make Turkey veggie soup:
- First chop up all the veggies. Use a large pot and put a couple tablespoons olive oil in it. Add carrots celery onion and garlic first. After about 5minutes add squash zucchini black beans and diced tomatoes. Add your green peas and the brown rice. Heat should be on medium..
- Next add your vegetable broth. Keep on medium and put the lid on. Wait about an hour. In the meantime you can make your turkey meatballs..
- Mix turkey bread crumbs egg salt and pepper. Heat skillet on medium heat. Form very small balls and cook about 5-7 min until done. Add to soup..
- At this point your soup may start to get pretty thick. You can add the V8 to thin it out. Or use more broth if you wish. I just had V8 so I decided to try it. Just add your spices salt and pepper as it cooks. May need to add more depending on how strong you like them..
- Let simmer for another hour or so. Until the green peas are completely soft..
- When done sprinkle with parmesan cheese or cheese of your choice and enjoy..
If you find this Turkey veggie soup recipe valuable please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.