Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe site, if you’re looking for Sweet Hambone Soup recipe, look no further! We provide you only the best Sweet Hambone Soup recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Sweet Hambone Soup recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Make Healthy Eating A Part of Your Day-To-Day Life.
Opting to eat healthily has marvelous benefits and is becoming a more popular way of life. There are a lot of illnesses related to a poor diet and there is a cost to the overall economy as individuals suffer from conditions such as heart disease and hypertension. Even though we’re constantly being encouraged to stick with healthy eating habits, it is also easier than ever to depend on fast food and other convenience items that are not beneficial for us. People typically think that healthy diets call for a lot of work and will significantly change the way they live and eat. In reality, however, simply making a few small changes can positively impact everyday eating habits.
One initial thing you can do is to pay close attention to the choices you make when you’re at the grocery as you probably purchase many items out of habit. As an example, if you eat cereal for your breakfast, do you ever check to see what the sugar and salt content is before buying? Consuming a bowl of oatmeal will provide you with the energy to face the day while protecting your heart at the same time. Add fruits or spices to enhance the flavor and now you have a breakfast that can become a usual part of your new healthy diet.
To sum up, it is not hard to start to make healthy eating a part of your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to sweet hambone soup recipe. To make sweet hambone soup you only need 19 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
The ingredients needed to cook Sweet Hambone Soup:
- Prepare 5 of Strips Of Thick Smoked Bacon.
- Prepare 2 of Garlic Cloves, Minced.
- Use 2 cup of Chopped Onion.
- Prepare 10 cup of Chicken Broth.
- Get 2 can of Crushed Tomatoes, Juice and All.
- Provide 1 1/4 lb of Meaty Ham Bone.
- Prepare 1 of A Few Big Squirts Of Ketchup.
- Prepare 3 cup of Canned Cannellini Beans, Drained and Rinsed.
- Prepare 2 cup of Chopped Ham (saved from your holiday ham).
- Take 2 cup of Chopped Carrots.
- Provide 2 cup of Chopped Celery.
- Provide 2 cup of Cubed Potatoes.
- Provide 2 cup of Cabbage, Chopped.
- Provide 1 cup of Brown Sugar, Adding a bit at a time to reach desired sweetness.
- Get 1/8 tsp of Ginger Powder.
- Take 1/2 of tsp. Dried Mustard.
- Provide 2 of tsp. salt.
- Use 1 of Ground Black Pepper To Taste.
- Provide 1 of Noodles Of Choice.
Instructions to make Sweet Hambone Soup:
- Heat a large stock pot on stove. Add the bacon and cook until crisp. Remove and drain on paper towels..
- Add onions and garlic to pot. Saute about 5 minutes..
- Add remaining ingredients, including chopped up bacon. Bring to boil. Then turn down to simmer about 2-4 hours..
- Remove bone before serving. Serve with your favorite noodles (I used small shells) and a nice crusty bread! Enjoy!.
If you find this Sweet Hambone Soup recipe useful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.