Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe page, looking for the perfect Tomato Basil Soup recipe? look no further! We provide you only the perfect Tomato Basil Soup recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Tomato Basil Soup recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Make Healthy Eating A Part of Your Life.
The benefits of healthy eating are now being given more attention than ever before and there are many reasons for this. The overall economy is affected by the number of men and women who are dealing with health conditions such as hypertension, which is directly linked to poor eating habits. There are more and more efforts to try to get us to follow a healthier lifestyle and all the same it is also easier than ever to rely on fast, convenient food that is not good for our health. It is likely that many people feel it will take lots of effort to eat a healthy diet or that they have to make a large scale change to the way they live. Contrary to that information, people can modify their eating habits for the better by making a couple of small changes.
You can get results without eliminating foods from your diet or make huge changes immediately. If you would like to commit to a wholesale change, that is okay but the main thing at first is to try to make sure that you are making more healthy eating choices. Soon enough, you will probably see that you will eat more and more healthy food as your taste buds become accustomed to the change. As with many other habits, change happens over a period of time and once a new way of eating becomes part of who you are, you will not feel the need to revert to your old diet.
Therefore, it should be quite obvious that it’s not hard to add healthy eating to your life.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to tomato basil soup recipe. You can have tomato basil soup using 13 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you do that.
The ingredients needed to make Tomato Basil Soup:
- Provide 1/2 stick of butter.
- Provide 4 Tbsp. of Olive oil.
- Get 3 of medium yellow onions, grated.
- Take 1/2 C. of flour.
- Get 4 (28 oz.) of Cans of crushed tomatoes.
- Get 1 1/4 C. of Chicken broth.
- Get 1/4 C. of Sugar.
- Use 1 Tbsp. of Kosher salt.
- You need 1 tsp. of Celery salt.
- Provide 3/4 tsp. of Black pepper.
- You need 3/4 C. of Heavy cream.
- Get 2 Tbsp. of Honey.
- Use 1/4 C. of Fresh basil leaves, torn.
Instructions to make Tomato Basil Soup:
- In a large pot, melt the butter over medium-low heat. Add onions and cook gently until soft and translucent, about 15 minutes..
- Add flour and stir to combine until slightly pale gold, do not allow to brown..
- Stir in the tomatoes, chicken broth, sugar, salt, celery salt, and pepper. Rise heat to medium until it starts to boil then reduce heat to low. Simmer for 30 minutes, scraping the bottom of the pot frequently..
- Stir in torn basil, heavy cream and honey. Remove from heat and puree with immersion blender or in batches in a standing blender until smooth. Top with drizzle of heavy cream and more fresh basil..
If you find this Tomato Basil Soup recipe valuable please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.