Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe site, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Lentil soup recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Lentil soup recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Stamina Enhancing Snacks.
Eating healthy foods makes all the difference in how we feel. Increasing our daily allowance of well balanced meals while lowering the intake of unhealthy ones contributes to a more healthy feeling. A bit of pizza doesn’t have you feeling as healthy as eating a fresh green salad. Sometimes it’s tough to find healthy foods for snacks between meals. You can spend hours at the grocery store searching for the right snack foods to help you feel healthy. Here are some healthy snacks that can be used when you need an instant pick me up.
When searching for a convenient nutritious snack, don’t forget about yogurt. The truth is, many individuals will substitute a container of yogurt for a healthy lunch-something we really do not recommend. As a snack, however, yogurt is one of the greatest things you are able to reach for. It contains a great deal of calcium, proteins, and B vitamins. Easily digestible, yogurt can even help your gastrointestinal system work correctly depending upon the culture used to produce it. Yogurt mixes perfectly with nuts as well as seeds. It’s an simple way to reduce sugar while still enjoying a delicious snack.
You will not have to look far to find a wide range of healthy snacks that can be easily prepared. When you make the determination to be healthy, it’s easy to find exactly what you need to be successful at it.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to lentil soup recipe. To cook lentil soup you need 9 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to prepare Lentil soup:
- Provide 2 cups of brown lentils, washed and drained.
- Use 3 of medium onions, cut into small cubes.
- Use 3 tablespoons of olive oil.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of cumin.
- Provide 1 teaspoon of black pepper.
- Prepare 2 teaspoons of salt.
- You need of For serving: optional.
- Use 1 of loaf pita bread, roasted.
- You need 4 tablespoons of lemon juice.
Steps to make Lentil soup:
- In a saucepan, on medium heat, put the lentils and onions with 9 cups of water..
- Stir lentils and onions from time to time. When the water starts to boil, lower the heat and cover the saucepan. Leave to cook for 40 min..
- When lentils are cooked, add in the salt, cumin and black pepper and stir. Remove pan from heat..
- Pour the lentil and onion mixture in a food processor and blend until you get a smooth and thick mixture..
- Pour back the mixture in the saucepan. Put on medium heat. Stir the ingredients while adding the olive oil and leave it to simmer for 5 more minutes..
- Serve the lentil soup immediately..
- A tasty addition to this delicious soup would be a squeeze of lemon and some roasted pita bread pieces that you sprinkle on top of the soup once it’s served..
If you find this Lentil soup recipe helpful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.