Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe site, if you’re looking for Learn How to make Egusi soup recipe, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Learn How to make Egusi soup recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Learn How to make Egusi soup recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Treats that provide You Energy.
Enjoying healthy foods tends to make all the difference in the way we feel. If we eat more healthy meals and a smaller amount of the detrimental ones we usually feel much better. A bit of pizza will not have you feeling as healthy as ingesting a fresh green salad. Deciding on healthier food choices can be challenging when it is snack time. Finding goodies that help us feel better and boost our levels of energy often involves lots of shopping and painstaking reading of labels. Here are a few healthy snacks which you can use when you need a fast pick me up.
When searching for a convenient nutritious snack, don’t forget about yogurt. Eating yogurt in place of a nutritious larger lunch is not a good idea. You cannot beat yogurt when it comes to a healthy snack though. It is a protein-rich supply of nutritious vitamins and minerals. Yogurt is very easy for the human body to digest and, depending on the type of culture made use of to make the yogurt youre eating, can also help normalize your digestive system. Yogurt combines perfectly with nuts along with seeds. This decreases your sugar absorption without reducing the taste of your snack.
A large variety of instant health snacks is easily available. When you make the determination to be healthy, it’s simple to find exactly what you need to be successful at it.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to learn how to make egusi soup recipe. You can have learn how to make egusi soup using 12 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to cook Learn How to make Egusi soup:
- Use 5 cups (550 g) of Egusi (Melon) seeds.
- Provide of Palm oil : Half litre.
- Provide of Protein : Beef,kpomo,Cow leg, Shaki (cow tripe),Fish: dry fish.
- Provide of Ground crayfish.
- Provide of Pepper : Yellow pepper preferably or Red pepper /black pepper.
- Take to taste of Salt.
- Provide of Onions.
- Take of Vegetable: Nigerian pumpkin leaves aka ugwu or bitter leaf.
- Provide of Stock cubes to taste (3 – 5).
- Prepare Tin of tomatoes (optional).
- Provide 1 of small ogiri okpei (optional).
- Provide of Onga soup spice (1-2 satchets).
Instructions to make Learn How to make Egusi soup:
- Wash your protein of choice, stock fish,Kpomo,dry fish. Put in a clean pot then spice it with sliced onions and stock cube. Cook it till meat is soft. Then bring down from fire..
- Pour the red palm oil into a dry pot and set on the stove to heat. As soon as the oil melts(don't allow it bleach,it should just turn translucent),add the sliced onions and tin tomatoes,fry for sometime,add the ground egusi,pepper and iru to the mix,then fry. Mix the ground egusi with oil till every grain of egusi turns yellow..
- Stir the egusi on low to medium heat. Keep stir-frying for about 10 minutes..
- Add the meat/fish stock (water from cooking the fish and meat) then stir the egusi. still too thick, you can add hot water in the same way till you get the consistency you want. If your choice of vegetable is bitter leaf, add it at this time..
- Cover the pot and cook for 20 minutes, stirring at intervals. Also, top up the water when necessary. If you don't stir it, it will burn. Cooking time for egusi soup is 30 minutes, else the soup will not taste nice. Also, egusi that is not cooked long enough may cause upset stomach. The egusi is done when you notice that the oil has separated from the mix. Then add your meat and stockfish.
- Add the ground crayfish(reason it's added now is so it doesn't burn the soup). Stir and add the Nigerian pumpkin leaves (if that is what your using, You could also use both).
- Add your seasoning, salt if necessary. If it is too thick, add some water to bring it to a consistency you like. 9. Cover and leave to simmer and it is done! It's perfect with Pounded Yam. You can also serve it with Eba (Garri), Amala, Semolina Fufu, or Cassava Fufu..
If you find this Learn How to make Egusi soup recipe helpful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.