Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe page, if you’re looking for Creamy White Bean Soup recipe, look no further! We provide you only the best Creamy White Bean Soup recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Creamy White Bean Soup recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Can Be An Easy Choice.
Healthy eating is today much more popular than it used to be and rightfully so. Poor diet is a contributing factor in diseases such as heart disease and high blood pressure which can put a drain on the economy. While we’re always being counseled to adopt healthy eating habits, it is also easier than ever to rely on fast food and other convenience items that are not healthy for us. Most likely, most people think that it takes a lot of work to eat healthily and that they will have to drastically change their lifestyle. It is possible, however, to make several simple changes that can start to make a difference to our daily eating habits.
The first change you need to make is to pay more attention to what you purchase when you do your food shopping because it is likely that you tend to pick up many of the things without thinking. For instance, most probably you have never checked the box of your favorite cereal to see how much sugar it has. Consuming a bowl of oatmeal will provide you with the energy to face the day while protecting your heart simultaneously. If you’d rather not eat oatmeal on its own, try adding fresh fruits that have other healthy nutrients and as such, one modest change to your diet has been achieved.
Hence, it should be fairly obvious that it’s not hard to add healthy eating to your everyday life.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to creamy white bean soup recipe. To make creamy white bean soup you only need 12 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to cook Creamy White Bean Soup:
- Take 4 slices of uncooked thick sliced bacon.
- Get 2 stalks of celery, diced.
- Prepare 2 of large carrots, peeled and diced.
- Prepare 1/2 of yellow onion, diced.
- Take 3 cloves of garlic, minced.
- Use 2 cans of cannellini beans, drained and rinsed.
- Use 3 cups of unsalted chicken broth.
- Use 1/2 cup of half and half (or heavy cream).
- Use 1/2 tsp. of each salt, dried rosemary.
- Take 1/4 tsp. of each dried thyme, pepper.
- Take 1/2 cup of freshly grated parmesan cheese.
- Use 2 of packed cups roughly torn kale.
Steps to make Creamy White Bean Soup:
- Start by dicing up the bacon. The easiest way to do this is to pop the slices in the freezer for 20-30 minutes, until it firms up, then take it out and snip it with some sharp kitchen shears. Hands down, this is the easiest way to cut up raw bacon..
- In a large pot over medium-high heat, cook the chopped bacon until it is browned and crispy. Then remove the bacon with a slotted spoon to a towel lined plate, but leave about 1 tbsp. of the drippings in the pot. Add the celery, onion and carrot to the pot and cook, stirring occasionally, until they begin to soften up, about 5 or so minutes. Then add the garlic and cook another minute or so, until fragrant..
- Add the drained beans, broth, cream and seasonings to the pot and give it all a good stir. Let it come up to a low boil. Then reduce the heat down a bit and let everything simmer for about 20 or so minutes. At this point, taste it and add any additional seasonings that you think it needs..
- Remove the pot from the heat and use an immersion blender to give the soup a couple of quick blitzes, until it's your desired consistency. Or you could just blend half the soup in a blender, then stir it back in. Then immediately stir in the parmesan cheese, the cooked bacon and the kale. Once the greens wilt into the soup, you're ready to serve..
If you find this Creamy White Bean Soup recipe helpful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.