Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe site, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Tomato Basil Soup recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Tomato Basil Soup recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Make Healthy Eating A Part of Your Life.
Opting to eat healthily has many benefits and is becoming a more popular way of life. There are many health conditions related to a poor diet and there is a cost to the overall economy as people suffer from conditions such as heart disease and high blood pressure. Although we’re always being advised to adopt healthy eating habits, it is also easier than ever to depend on fast food and other convenience items that are not beneficial for us. In all probability, a lot of people believe that it takes a lot of work to eat healthily and that they will have to drastically change their lifestyle. It is possible, however, to make some small changes that can start to make a good impact on our daily eating habits.
You can see results without needing to remove foods from your diet or make considerable changes at once. It’s not a bad idea if you wish to make big changes, but the most important thing is to bit by bit switch to making healthier eating selections. Soon enough, you will likely find that you will eat more and more healthy food as your taste buds become accustomed to the change. As you continue your habit of eating healthier foods, you will find that you won’t wish to eat the old diet.
To sum up, it is not hard to begin to make healthy eating a part of your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to tomato basil soup recipe. To cook tomato basil soup you only need 13 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you do that.
The ingredients needed to cook Tomato Basil Soup:
- Take 2 of , 28 oz cans stewed whole tomato.
- Take 2 of carrots.
- Get 1 of onion.
- Provide 1 of sweet potato.
- Use 2 carton of chicken stock (32 oz each).
- Prepare 1 c of celery.
- Get 3 tablespoons of tomato paste.
- Provide to taste of Salt & Pepper.
- You need 1 pinch of sugar.
- Get of Shredded Parmesan cheese.
- You need of Basil leaves, cut thin.
- Get 3 tablespoon of neutral oil.
- You need 12 oz of Heavy cream.
Instructions to make Tomato Basil Soup:
- Prep: Rustic cut the onion, and celery. Peel, thin “coin slice” the carrot, and cut sweet potato to approx. 1 inch dice. Set aside.
- In a deep saucepan, add neutral oil, sweet potato, and carrots. Sauté over medium-low heat until both soften a bit, then add: onion and celery. Continue cooking.
- When celery and onion soften, add tomato paste, and increase heat to full medium. As heat increases you want a slight burn of the paste on the bottom of the pan. Slight!!! Nothing crazy!.
- Once you get a decent char from the tomato paste, add chicken stock, and tomatoes.(do not drain tomatoes) Reduce heat to medium-low, and reduce stock a bit. This is where you build flavor through reduction of water in the soup..
- Once you’ve reduced stock, add cream, reduce to desired consistency over a medium-low heat..
- Once the soup is at the proper consistency, remove from heat. Let cool for 10 minutes, run the soup through a blender until creamy. The extra carton of stock is for loosening the soup if needed..
- Place into proper container, and refrigerate. Garnish with basil/parmesan upon serving for best results!.
If you find this Tomato Basil Soup recipe helpful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.