Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe site, looking for the perfect Pastelón de Platano Maduro (Puerto Rican Lasagna) recipe? look no further! We provide you only the perfect Pastelón de Platano Maduro (Puerto Rican Lasagna) recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Pastelón de Platano Maduro (Puerto Rican Lasagna) recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Doesn’t Have To Be A Chore.
Healthy eating is now a good deal more popular than in the past and rightfully so. There are a lot of health conditions associated with a poor diet and there is a cost to the overall economy as individuals suffer from health problems such as heart disease and high blood pressure. There are more and more campaigns to try to get us to follow a more healthy lifestyle and nonetheless it is also easier than ever to rely on fast, convenient food that is very bad for our health. Most people typically assume that healthy diets call for a great deal of work and will significantly alter how they live and eat. Contrary to that information, people can change their eating habits for the better by carrying out a couple of simple changes.
One initial thing you can do is to pay close attention to the choices you make when you’re shopping for food because you most likely buy a lot of items out of habit. For instance, in all likelihood you have never checked the box of your favorite cereal to see how much sugar it has. One wholesome substitute that can give you a positive start to your day is oatmeal. Mix in fruits or spices to improve how the oatmeal tastes and now you have a breakfast that can become a usual part of your new healthy eating plan.
All in all, it is easy to start to make healthy eating a part of your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to pastelón de platano maduro (puerto rican lasagna) recipe. To cook pastelón de platano maduro (puerto rican lasagna) you need 6 ingredients and 16 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to cook Pastelón de Platano Maduro (Puerto Rican Lasagna):
- Prepare 3 Cups of +/- Picadillo (I have a recipe for this).
- Provide 4-5 of Very Ripe Plantains.
- Take 1/2 inch of Oil in large skillet.
- Get 2 Cups of Mozzarella or cheese of your choice.
- Get 3 of Eggs Beaten.
- You need 2 Tbsp of Milk.
Steps to make Pastelón de Platano Maduro (Puerto Rican Lasagna):
- Preheat oil on med-high in skillet.
- Select Plantains such as these.
- Peel plantains and cut into thin slices lengthwise. Each Plantain should make 5-6 slices..
- Slicing the Plantains can be tricky. Here is a good method to use..
- Put Plantains in skillet a few at a time and cook on both sides until golden brown..
- When brown remove to plate with paper towels..
- When Plantains are fried, butter 13×13 casserole dish..
- Lay out Plantains on bottom leaving as little space as possible in-between..
- Put a layer as thick as you like of Picadillo on Plantains..
- Combine Milk with Beaten Eggs and add a thin layer on top of meat mixture..
- Put a layer of Cheese on top of Meat..
- Alternate layers as many as you wish. Commonly there are 3 layers of Plantains and 2 layers of Meat.
- Finish top layer with Plantains, Egg and Cheese.
- Bake in 350° oven for 30 minutes or until heated through. May want to broil momentarily to brown cheese..
- Allow to rest for a few minutes to make slicing easier..
If you find this Pastelón de Platano Maduro (Puerto Rican Lasagna) recipe helpful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.