Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe site, if you’re looking for Spaghetti Squash Lasagna recipe, look no further! We provide you only the best Spaghetti Squash Lasagna recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Spaghetti Squash Lasagna recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Can Be An Easy Choice.
Deciding to eat healthily provides marvelous benefits and is becoming a more popular way of life. There are numerous health conditions linked with a poor diet and there is a cost to the overall economy as people suffer from diseases such as heart disease and high blood pressure. Everywhere you look, people are encouraging you to live a more healthy way of life but then again, you are also being encouraged to rely on convenience foods that can affect your health in a terrible way. Most likely, a lot of people assume that it takes too much work to eat healthily and that they will have to drastically alter their way of life. It is possible, however, to make some small changes that can start to make a positive impact to our everyday eating habits.
You can make similar changes with the oils that you use for cooking. Olive oil, for example, is loaded with monounsaturated fats which are known as the good fats that fight the effects of bad cholesterol. Olive oil is also a good source of Vitamin E which has a lot of benefits and is also good for your skin. Although you may already consume a great deal of fruits and veggies, you might want to consider how fresh they are. If you go for organic foods, you can avoid the problem of ingesting crops that may have been sprayed with deadly pesticides. Searching for a local supplier of fresh vegetables and fruits will give you the choice of eating foods that still have virtually all of the nutrients which are typically lost when produce has been kept in storage before selling it.
As you can see, it’s not at all hard to start incorporating healthy eating into your daily routine.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to spaghetti squash lasagna recipe. To make spaghetti squash lasagna you only need 13 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Spaghetti Squash Lasagna:
- Provide 1 of large spaghetti squash, roasted.
- Take 1 tbsp. of olive oil.
- Get 1/2 of onion, diced.
- Take 2 cloves of garlic, minced.
- Use 1/2 lb. of ground sausage (could also use ground beef or ground turkey).
- Take 2 cups of marinara sauce (jarred or homemade).
- Get to taste of salt and pepper.
- Prepare to taste of dried basil.
- Take to taste of Italian seasoning and oregano.
- Use 1 cup of mozzarella cheese, shredded.
- Get 1/2 cup of parmesan cheese, shredded.
- Take 1 1/2 cup of ricotta cheese.
- Take of chopped parsley, for garnish.
Instructions to make Spaghetti Squash Lasagna:
- You should already have your squash roasted when starting this recipe. Use a fork to remove the strands of squash from the shells and into a large bowl, if you haven't already done so, then set aside..
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Grease an 8×8" baking dish and set aside..
- In a large skillet, heat the oil over medium heat. Once hot, add the onions and cook until they are translucent, about 3-5 minutes. Add the garlic and cook just a minute or so more, until fragrant..
- Add the ground sausage and cook until browned, breaking it apart as you cook. Drain any grease, if necessary..
- Add the seasonings and the marinara sauce to the skillet. Allow to come to a simmer and let simmer for 5 or so minutes, then remove from heat..
- Pour half of the sauce and meat mixture onto the bottom of the prepared baking dish and spread it evenly across the bottom. Then spread half of the spaghetti squash over the top of the sauce..
- Spread 3/4 cup of the ricotta cheese over the squash, then sprinkle 1/2 cup of the mozzarella and 1/4 cup of the parmesan cheese over the ricotta..
- Spread the remaining sauce and meat mixture over the cheeses and then top with the remaining squash. Repeat the layering of the remaining cheeses..
- Cover loosely with foil and bake for 20 minutes. Then, uncover and bake an additional 10 minutes. To brown the cheese more, switch the oven to broil after the 10 minutes are up and broil until the cheese is golden, about 2-3 minutes. Once done, sprinkle with the chopped parsley and serve immediately. Refrigerate any leftovers..
If you find this Spaghetti Squash Lasagna recipe helpful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.