Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe page, if you’re looking for Sue's Cream of Broccoli Soup recipe, look no further! We provide you only the best Sue's Cream of Broccoli Soup recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Sue's Cream of Broccoli Soup recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Can Be An Easy Thing To Follow.
Healthy eating is nowadays a good deal more popular than in the past and rightfully so. Poor diet is one factor in illnesses such as heart disease and hypertension which can put a drain on the economy. Everywhere you look, people are encouraging you to live a healthier lifestyle but on the other hand, you are also being encouraged to rely on convenience foods that can affect your health in a terrible way. Most likely, a lot of people assume that it takes a great deal of work to eat healthily and that they will have to drastically change their lifestyle. In reality, however, simply making a few small changes can positively affect daily eating habits.
You can make similar alterations with the oils that you use for cooking your food. Olive oil has monounsaturated fat which can help to reduce bad cholesterol. It can likewise be beneficial for your skin because it is an excellent source of vitamin E. It could be that you already believe that you eat fruit and leafy greens but it can be worthwhile considering how fresh these are depending on where you purchase these. Organic foods are a great option and will reduce any possible exposure to harmful chemical substances. You will be sure that you’re getting the most nutritional benefits from your fresh produce if you can locate a local supplier since you will be able to get the fruit when it is the freshest and ripest.
Hence, it should be fairly obvious that it’s easy to add healthy eating to your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to sue's cream of broccoli soup recipe. You can cook sue's cream of broccoli soup using 7 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to prepare Sue's Cream of Broccoli Soup:
- Get 1/2 cup of water.
- Get 2 tsp of salt.
- Provide 1 lb of broccoli.
- Use 1/4 cup of chopped onion.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of flour.
- Prepare 3 cup of milk.
- Provide 2 cup of chicken broth.
Steps to make Sue's Cream of Broccoli Soup:
- Bring water to boil in large pot over high heat. Add one forth of salt. Add chopped broccoli, reduce heat to medium low, cover and simmer for 15 minutes or into tender, drain..
- In blender, combine drained broccoli and chicken broth, blend until smooth..
- In large pot, melt butter, add remaining salt and saute' onion until tender, about 5 minutes. Sprinkle flour over onions, stir and cook another 3 minutes until onions are well coated and fragrant..
- Slowly stir in milk, heat just until boiling, stir constantly. Turn down heat and simmer for 1 minute..
- Pour broccoli mixture into thickened milk, stir well. Serve warm, enjoy!.
If you find this Sue's Cream of Broccoli Soup recipe useful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.