Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe site, looking for the perfect Eggplant and Meatball Lasagna recipe? look no further! We provide you only the best Eggplant and Meatball Lasagna recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Eggplant and Meatball Lasagna recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Doesn’t Need To Be A Chore.
Deciding to eat healthily provides many benefits and is becoming a more popular way of living. There are numerous diseases associated with a poor diet and there is a cost to the overall economy as individuals suffer from diseases such as heart disease and hypertension. Wherever you look, people are encouraging you to live a more healthy way of living but then again, you are also being encouraged to rely on fast foods that can affect your health in a detrimental way. A lot of people typically think that healthy diets require a lot of work and will significantly change how they live and eat. In reality, however, just making a couple of small changes can positively impact everyday eating habits.
One way to approach this to start seeing some results is to understand that you do not have to change everything at once or that you should altogether do away with certain foods from your diet. It’s not a bad idea if you wish to make major changes, but the most crucial thing is to bit by bit switch to making healthier eating selections. In time, you will likely discover that you will eat more and more healthy food as your taste buds get used to the change. As you continue your habit of eating healthier foods, you will see that you won’t want to eat the old diet.
As you can see, it’s not at all hard to start integrating healthy eating into your life.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to eggplant and meatball lasagna recipe. You can cook eggplant and meatball lasagna using 17 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to prepare Eggplant and Meatball Lasagna:
- Use of Eggplant pasta replacement.
- Use 2 of medium sized aubergine/ eggplants.
- Prepare As needed of salt.
- Use As needed of extra virgin olive oil.
- Get of Meatballs and sauce.
- You need 1-1/2 pound of beef meatballs.
- Provide 32 ounces of Mids Italian sausage pasta sauce.
- Use 1/4 cup of water to get and use all the sauce out of jar.
- Use 3 tablespoons of concentrated tomato paste.
- Provide 1-1/2 cups of pesto see my recipe walnut pesto.
- Take 2/3 pound of ground sirloin.
- Get 1/2 teaspoon of granulated garlic powder.
- Get 1 cup of grated Parmesan cheese.
- Prepare To taste of salt.
- Take To taste of ground white pepper.
- Take of Cheese.
- Provide 2 cups of extra sharp cheddar cheese shredded divided.
Steps to make Eggplant and Meatball Lasagna:
- Peel the eggplant and cut one side to make flat surface. This will stabilize your eggplant when you slice it. Slice the eggplant thinly..
- Now salt the eggplant slices on both sides set in a bowl to drain the liquids. Doing this take all or most of the bitterness out of the eggplant slices. After an hour drain the liquids off and they are ready to use. The last picture on this step is the bitter liquids pulled out by the salt. I had about 1/2 cup total, on second draining..
- Cut the meatballs in half set aside. I usually keep meatballs in my freezer. See any of my recipes for meatballs. Shred the cheese, and set aside. When you pour the Mid's sauce in add a little water to the jar to get the rest out of jar..
- Preheat oven to 400°Fahrenheit heat the meatballs in a good sized pan. When browned remove and set aside. Add the Mids Italian sausage sauce to the pan then put in the ground sirloin. Bring to a simmer 20 minutes and stir in the tomato paste. Add the parmesan cheese. Stir in well..
- Add the olive oil to the eggplant. Cook on a cooking surface. Turn as needed. In a baking pan add some of the eggplant. I used a spring form pan..
- Add some of the meatballs cut side down. Cover the meatballs with half the sauce. Now add the pesto on top of sauce..
- Repeat the the same layers except you shouldn't have pesto on second layer. Add the shredded cheese on top. Put into the oven for 45 minutes..
- Take out of oven and let rest 15 minutes. Serve I hope you enjoy!!!!.
If you find this Eggplant and Meatball Lasagna recipe useful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.