Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe page, if you’re looking for Creamy Broccoli & Stilton Soup recipe, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Creamy Broccoli & Stilton Soup recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Creamy Broccoli & Stilton Soup recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Make Healthy Eating A Part of Your Day-To-Day Life.
The benefits of healthy eating are these days being given more attention than ever before and there are good reasons for doing this. The overall economy is impacted by the number of people who are suffering from health conditions such as high blood pressure, which is directly associated with poor eating habits. Although we’re always being encouraged to adopt healthy eating habits, it is also easier than ever to depend on fast food and other convenience items that are not beneficial for us. In all likelihood, most people assume that it takes a lot of work to eat healthily and that they will have to drastically change their way of life. In reality, though, merely making a couple of modest changes can positively affect daily eating habits.
One initial thing you can do is to pay close attention to the choices you make when you’re at the grocery because you most probably choose lots of items out of habit. For instance, did you ever think to check how much sugar and salt are in your breakfast cereal? One healthy alternative that can give you a great start to your day is oatmeal. Add fruits or spices to improve the flavor and now you have a breakfast that can become a regular part of your new healthy eating regimen.
To sum up, it is easy to start to make healthy eating a part of your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to creamy broccoli & stilton soup recipe. To cook creamy broccoli & stilton soup you only need 12 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
The ingredients needed to prepare Creamy Broccoli & Stilton Soup:
- Get 1 head of Broccoli, roughly chopped.
- You need 2 of large Onions, chopped.
- You need 2 sticks of Celery, in 1 cm slices.
- Provide 3 cloves of Garlic, chopped.
- Provide 2 of Potatoes, diced.
- You need 1 of Leek, in 1 cm slices.
- Provide 1 3/4 litres of Ham stock. I used ham stock from a large gammon joint cooked the previous day but, if homemade stock isn’t available, good quality stock cubes work fine.
- Prepare of Oil.
- Get of Butter, preferably unsalted.
- Take of Ground black pepper.
- Provide of Crème Fraîche.
- Provide 200-250 g of Stilton cheese.
Steps to make Creamy Broccoli & Stilton Soup:
- Heat the oil in a stockpot or very large saucepan. Add the onions and gently fry for two minutes, resisting the temptation to stir unless the onions appear to be sticking. If so, add a splash of water..
- Add the garlic, stir and fry another minute..
- Add the celery and leeks and a generous knob of butter. Stir to ensure all the veg are coated with a little oil/butter and continue to fry gently for another three minutes..
- Add the potatoes and any well-chopped broccoli stalks, stir and then add the stock. Stir well and then add the rest of the broccoli. Cover and bring to the boil..
- Reduce the heat, stir well and leave on a medium simmer for 25 minutes or until the vegetables are softened..
- Stir, taste and season with pepper but not salt. Remove from heat..
- In batches, whizz in a blender to a smooth consistency. Transfer to a saucepan and reheat..
- Crumble the Stilton cheese into the hot soup and give it all a good stir until it has melted..
- Serve piping hot with a small dollop of crème fraîche per individual bowl. Accompany with granary bread or crusty roll. Not too much soup or bread if the soup is just a starter as this soup is fairly filling..
If you find this Creamy Broccoli & Stilton Soup recipe useful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.