Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe page, if you’re looking for Vickys Rhubarb & Custard Pudding, GF DF EF SF NF recipe, look no further! We provide you only the best Vickys Rhubarb & Custard Pudding, GF DF EF SF NF recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Vickys Rhubarb & Custard Pudding, GF DF EF SF NF recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Doesn’t Need To Be A Chore.
The benefits of healthy eating are nowadays being given more publicity than ever before and there are a number of reasons for doing this. There are a lot of diseases linked with a poor diet and there is a cost to the overall economy as people suffer from health problems such as heart disease and high blood pressure. There are more and more efforts to try to get us to adopt a more healthy way of living and all the same it is also easier than ever to rely on fast, convenient food that is very bad for our health. Most likely, a lot of people believe that it takes a great deal of work to eat healthily and that they will have to drastically alter their lifestyle. In reality, though, just making a few minor changes can positively affect day-to-day eating habits.
One initial thing you can do is to pay close attention to the choices you make when you’re shopping since you probably pick out lots of items out of habit. For example, have you ever checked how much sugar and salt are in your favorite cereal? A great healthy substitute can be porridge oats which have been proven to be good for your heart and can give you good sustainable energy daily. If this is not to your liking on its own, try adding fresh fruits that have other healthy nutrients and as such, one small change to your diet has been achieved.
As you can see, it is easy to start making healthy eating a regular part of your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to vickys rhubarb & custard pudding, gf df ef sf nf recipe. To cook vickys rhubarb & custard pudding, gf df ef sf nf you only need 14 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you do that.
The ingredients needed to cook Vickys Rhubarb & Custard Pudding, GF DF EF SF NF:
- Use 350 ml of full fat coconut milk.
- Provide 1 1/2 tsp of lemon juice.
- Get 60 g of gold foil wrapped Stork margarine block.
- Take 300 g of soft brown sugar.
- You need 1 tsp of vanilla extract.
- Get 1 tsp of lemon zest.
- You need 300 g of gluten-free / plain flour.
- Use 1 tbsp of custard powder.
- Use 2 tsp of baking powder, very slightly rounded.
- You need 1 tsp of ground cinnamon.
- Use 1/8 tsp of xanthan gum if using gf flour.
- Get 350 g of trimmed rhubarb cut into 2cm sized pieces.
- Get 55 g of soft brown sugar for topping.
- Use 1 tsp of extra ground cinnamon.
Steps to make Vickys Rhubarb & Custard Pudding, GF DF EF SF NF:
- Add the lemon juice to the coconut milk and let stand to curdle while you get on with the next steps.
- Preheat the oven to gas 3 / 160C / 325F and grease and line a 24" round cake tin.
- Cream together the margarine and sugar until pale and fluffy then beat in the vanilla and lemon zest.
- Sift together the flour, xanthan gum, baking powder and cinnamon, mix well then fold into the creamed margarine / sugar.
- Stir in the milk then gently mix in the chopped rhubarb.
- Pour the batter into the lined cake tin. The batter will be thick but the rhubarb will release juices while it bakes.
- Mix the topping ingredients together and sprinkle evenly over the batter.
- Bake for 75 minutes or until a skewer inserted in the middle comes out clean with no raw batter on it. If the top of the cake begins to burn before it's done cover it loosely with foil.
- Let stand in the tin for 5 minutes before releasing and letting cool on a wire rack before slicing.
- Delicious served warm with some hot custard.
If you find this Vickys Rhubarb & Custard Pudding, GF DF EF SF NF recipe useful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.