Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe page, looking for the perfect Coconut Custard Pie recipe? look no further! We provide you only the perfect Coconut Custard Pie recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Coconut Custard Pie recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Goodies that offer You Energy.
We all know that eating healthy foods can help us truly feel better in our bodies. We have a tendency to feel way less gross whenever we increase our daily allowance of nutritious foods and lower our consumption of processed foods. Eating more fresh vegetables helps you feel better than eating a portion of pizza. This can be a problem, nonetheless, when it comes to eating between meals. Shopping for goodies can be a struggle because you have so many options. There’s nothing like one of these simple healthy foods when you need an energy-boosting snack food.
If you’re not sensitive to nuts, try eating some almonds! Almonds provide a multitude of health and fitness benefits and are an excellent choice when you require a shot of energy. These nuts have lots of vitamins E, B2, and manganese. Almonds, like turkey, come with the enzyme tryptophan that may often allow you to be sleepy. However, you may not need a nap after eating almonds. Rather, these nuts aid in reducing stress and provide a relaxing feeling throughout your body. Your emotional condition is often lifted simply by eating almonds.
You don’t have to look far to find a wide variety of healthy snacks that can be easily prepared. Choosing to live a healthy life style can be as easy as you want it to be.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to coconut custard pie recipe. You can cook coconut custard pie using 13 ingredients and 22 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to prepare Coconut Custard Pie:
- Provide 1 1/4 cups of All-purpose flour.
- Use 1/2 teaspoon of sugar.
- Get 1/2 cup (1 stick) of cold unsalted Butter, cut into pieces.
- You need 2-4 tablespoons of ice water.
- Provide 1 pinch of Salt.
- Use of For filling.
- Take 1/2 cup of sugar.
- Take 1/3 cup of cornflour.
- Get 1 cup of whole milk.
- Get 1 can of coconut milk.
- Use 4 of large egg yolks.
- Provide 1/2 cup of sweetened shredded coconut.
- Prepare 1 pinch of salt.
Steps to make Coconut Custard Pie:
- In a food processor add flour, salt, and sugar. Blend well..
- Add butter, blend until mixture resembles coarse meal..
- Sprinkle with 2-3 tablespoons ice water. Blend until dough is crumbly but holds together when pressed..
- Transfer the dough into a dish..
- With the help of your hand press the dough to form a crumbly dough..
- Take 9 inch round pie dish and press the dough to the dish to spread uniformly..
- Pre heat oven at 200 degree C for 10 minutes..
- Place a round aluminium foil over the pie dough..
- Take some kidney beans or any other kind of beans and spread over the foil to make a layer..
- Bake the pie for 35 to 40 minutes or until the edges are brown in colour..
- Remove the foil with beans and keep the pie crust in the refrigerator to cool..
- Now for the coconut custard, in a heavy bottomed pan add sugar, salt and cornflour..
- Mix well and then add whole milk, coconut milk and 4 egg yolks..
- Mix well and put the mixture on stove top..
- Stir continuously and cook in medium heat until you see 2_3 bubbles appear to form, about 5 minutes..
- Remove from heat stirring constantly..
- When the mixture cools a little bit, take out the pie crust and pour the custard over that..
- Smooth the top with a knife..
- For the coconut topping, toast the dissicated coconut until light golden brown..
- Spread the toasted coconut over the coconut custard..
- Keep the dish back to the refrigerator to set the custard for about 4 hours..
- At the time of serving, take out the dish from the refrigerator, garnish with some fresh fruit, cut in small pieces and serve cool..
If you find this Coconut Custard Pie recipe helpful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.