Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe page, if you’re looking for Roasted Cauliflower & Potato Curry Soup recipe, look no further! We provide you only the best Roasted Cauliflower & Potato Curry Soup recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Roasted Cauliflower & Potato Curry Soup recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Can Be An Easy Option.
The benefits of healthy eating are nowadays being given more publicity than ever before and there are many reasons why this is so. Poor diet is a leading factor in health conditions such as heart disease and hypertension which can put a drain on the economy. There are more and more campaigns to try to get people to lead a healthier way of living and still it is also easier than ever to rely on fast, convenient food that is not good for our health. A lot of people typically think that healthy diets require a lot of work and will significantly change how they live and eat. Contrary to that information, people can alter their eating habits for the better by implementing a few simple changes.
One initial thing you can do is to pay close attention to the choices you make when you’re at the grocery because you most probably choose many food items out of habit. For instance, did you ever think to check how much sugar and salt are in your breakfast cereal? A good healthy substitute can be porridge oats which have been proven to be beneficial for your heart and can give you good sustainable energy each day. By adding fresh fruit, you can make oatmeal taste better and, before you know it, you will have made a healthy change to your diet.
As you can see, it is easy to start making healthy eating a part of your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to roasted cauliflower & potato curry soup recipe. To cook roasted cauliflower & potato curry soup you only need 22 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
The ingredients needed to cook Roasted Cauliflower & Potato Curry Soup:
- Prepare 2 tsp of ground coriander.
- Provide 2 tsp of ground cumin.
- Prepare 1 1/2 tsp of ground cinnamon.
- Provide 1 1/2 tsp of ground turmeric.
- Prepare 1 1/4 tsp of salt.
- Get 3/4 tsp of ground pepper.
- Get 1/8 tsp of cayenne pepper.
- You need 1 of small head cauliflower, cut into small florets (about 6 c).
- Prepare 2 of tblsp extra-virgin olive oil, divided.
- Prepare 1 of large onion, chopped.
- Provide 1 c of diced carrot.
- Prepare 3 of large cloves garlic, minced.
- Provide 1 1/2 tsp of grated fresh ginger.
- Get 1 of fresh red chili pepper, such as serrano or jalapeño, minced, plus more for garnish.
- Get 1 (14 oz) of can no-salt-added tomato sauce.
- Take 4 c of low-sodium vegetable broth.
- Get 3 c of diced peeled russet potatoes (1/2-inch).
- Get 3 c of diced peeled sweet potatoes (1/2-inch).
- You need 2 tsp of lime zest.
- You need 2 of tblsp lime juice.
- Take 1 (14 oz) of can coconut milk.
- Provide of Chopped fresh cilantro for garnish.
Instructions to make Roasted Cauliflower & Potato Curry Soup:
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees..
- Combine coriander, cumin, cinnamon, turmeric, salt, pepper and cayenne in a small bowl. Toss cauliflower with 1 tablespoon oil in a large bowl, sprinkle with 1 tablespoon of the spice mixture and toss again. Spread in a single layer on a rimmed baking sheet. Roast the cauliflower until the edges are browned, 15 to 20 minutes. Set aside..
- Meanwhile, heat the remaining 1 tablespoon oil in a large pot over medium-high heat. Add onion and carrot and cook, stirring often, until starting to brown, 3 to 4 minutes. Reduce heat to medium and continue cooking, stirring often, until the onion is soft, 3 to 4 minutes. Add garlic, ginger, chili and the remaining spice mixture. Cook, stirring, for 1 minute more..
- Stir in tomato sauce, scraping up any browned bits, and simmer for 1 minute. Add broth, potatoes, sweet potatoes, lime zest and juice. Cover and bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to maintain a gentle simmer and cook, partially covered and stirring occasionally, until the vegetables are tender, 35 to 40 minutes..
- Stir in coconut milk and the roasted cauliflower. Return to a simmer to heat through..
- Garnish with cilantro and chilies, if desired..
- Serve with a dollop of sour cream or yogurt, if desired..
If you find this Roasted Cauliflower & Potato Curry Soup recipe useful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.