Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe page, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the best Fragrant Curried Fish Pie recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Fragrant Curried Fish Pie recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Can Be An Easy Option.
The benefits of healthy eating are nowadays being given more attention than ever before and there are good reasons for doing this. The overall economy is affected by the number of people who suffer from diseases such as hypertension, which is directly linked to poor eating habits. There are more and more campaigns to try to get us to follow a healthier way of living and still it is also easier than ever to rely on fast, convenient food that is very bad for our health. A lot of people typically assume that healthy diets demand a great deal of work and will significantly change the way they live and eat. It is possible, though, to make some minor changes that can start to make a difference to our day-to-day eating habits.
If you want to see results, it is definitely not a necessity to drastically change your eating habits. Even more crucial than totally modifying your diet is just substituting healthy eating choices whenever you can. As you get accustomed to the taste of healthy foods, you will realize that you’re eating more healthily than you used to. Like many other habits, change happens over a period of time and when a new way of eating becomes part of who you are, you will not feel the need to go back to your old diet.
As you can see, it’s not at all hard to start integrating healthy eating into your life.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to fragrant curried fish pie recipe. You can have fragrant curried fish pie using 21 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
The ingredients needed to cook Fragrant Curried Fish Pie:
- Get of Serves: 2 or 3-4 if eaten with sides and bread.
- Provide 1 bag of fish pie mix, (400g cod, salmon and smoked haddock),.
- Use 425 g of mashed potatoes with 1/2 tbsp salted butter mixed in,.
- Take 100 g of small shrimp (cooked frozen, de-veined),.
- Prepare 150 ml of coconut milk,.
- You need 3 tbsp of panko breadcrumbs,.
- You need 20 ml of unsweetened almond milk, (or regular milk as substitute),.
- You need 1 handful of petit pois peas, (50g),.
- Prepare 2 of spring onions, chopped finely,.
- Get 1 of large clove of garlic crushed,.
- Provide 1 of thumb of fresh ginger, chopped very finely,.
- Provide 1 pinch of red chilli flakes,.
- Provide 1/2 tbsp of hot curry powder,.
- Get 1/2 tsp of fenugreek,.
- Use 1/2 tsp of tumeric.
- Get 1/4 tsp of ground cumin,.
- You need 1 handful of fresh coriander leaves, chopped,.
- You need of Salt and pepper to season,.
- Use of Olive oil Frylight.
- You need of Note:.
- Use of If using frozen fish defrost first in a bowl and drain off water.
Instructions to make Fragrant Curried Fish Pie:
- Prepare the buttered mash by adding the milk and seasoning with salt and pepper. Add the tumeric powder and then mix really well until really smooth and fluffy. Set aside..
- In a medium saucepan add a little Frylight and add the ginger and garlic. Fry until fragrant for a few seconds. Next add the coconut milk. Bring to a gentle simmer on a lower heat..
- Add the spices, and chilli flakes in. Stir to combine. Add in 9/10ths of the chopped coriander then remove from the heat..
- Pre-heat the oven to 180 degrees (fan). To the sauce add the spring onion and peas, then add the fish pieces and prawns. Gently mix through using a spoon. Add the mixture to an oven proof pie dish..
- Cover evenly with the mashed potato using a spoon or if feeling extra fancy you could pipe it on! Bring the mash neatly right up to the edges, so you prevent leaking. I like to use a rubber spatula, the make a simple pattern using a fork. Like so….
- Sprinkle over the breadcrumbs. Bake the pie in the oven covered in foil or 25 minutes then remove the foil and bake for a further 10-15 minutes until the breadcrumbs are golden brown..
- Garnish with the remaining chopped coriander leaves (stalks removed), and serve up after leaving for around three minutes to cool, so delicious eaten alone or with some crusty bread or naan! :).
If you find this Fragrant Curried Fish Pie recipe useful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.