Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe site, if you’re looking for Mexican Meatball soup aka Sopa de Albondigas recipe, look no further! We provide you only the best Mexican Meatball soup aka Sopa de Albondigas recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Mexican Meatball soup aka Sopa de Albondigas recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Can Be An Easy Choice.
The benefits of healthy eating are today being given more publicity than ever before and there are good reasons for this. Poor diet is a contributing factor in illnesses such as heart disease and high blood pressure which can place a drain on the economy. No matter where you look, people are encouraging you to live a healthier way of living but on the other hand, you are also being encouraged to rely on convenience foods that can affect your health in a bad way. In all probability, a lot of people believe that it takes a great deal of work to eat healthily and that they will have to drastically alter their way of life. Contrary to that information, people can change their eating habits for the better by carrying out a few simple changes.
You can make similar modifications with the oils that you use for cooking your food. Olive oil, for instance, contain monounsaturated fats which are basically good fats that combat the effects of bad cholesterol. Olive oil is also a good source of Vitamin E which has a lot of benefits and is also great for your skin. Although you may already eat lots of fruits and vegetables, you might want to consider how fresh they are. Organic foods are a superb option and will reduce any possible exposure to deadly pesticides. You can ensure that you’re getting the most nutritional benefits from your fresh produce if you can find a local supplier since you will be able to buy the fruit when it is the freshest and ripest.
To sum up, it is easy to start making healthy eating a regular part of your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to mexican meatball soup aka sopa de albondigas recipe. You can have mexican meatball soup aka sopa de albondigas using 22 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to prepare Mexican Meatball soup aka Sopa de Albondigas:
- You need of Sauce.
- You need 5 of roma tomatoes.
- Get 1/4 of a small onion.
- Get 1 clove of garlic.
- Prepare of Soup.
- Get 10 cup of boiling water (or as needed/desired).
- Take 1/2 head of Onion (medium sized).
- Prepare 3 clove of garlic.
- You need 1 1/2 cup of carrots (diced).
- Use 1 1/2 cup of chayote (diced).
- Provide 2 cup of potatoes (sliced).
- Provide 1 3/4 cup of zucchini (thinly sliced).
- Prepare 1 tbsp of KNORR Beef flavor bouillon or any kind of bouillon of your liking.
- You need 1 of Salt to taste.
- You need 5 of Cilantro with stems.
- Get of Meatballs.
- Get 1 lb of ground beef (or any ground meat of your choice).
- Use 1/2 cup of white rice.
- Provide 1 of egg.
- Get 1 tbsp of mint (finely chopped).
- You need tsp of 1/8 of salt.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of all purpose flour (optional).
Steps to make Mexican Meatball soup aka Sopa de Albondigas:
- In a big pot boil the water along with the garlic and the onion. (On medium to low heat) Cover with a lid..
- Blend together the tomatoes, onion, and garlic in a blender (do not add water into the blender). Then add the sauce to the boiling pot. Cover with a lid and wait until it begins to bubble. TIP: If you feel like it may need more water then do so in 1/2 cup increments..
- In a seperate bowl, mix with your hands or with a stand mixer with a paddle attachment, the ground beef, mint, egg, rice, salt, and flour. Form into balls (about the size of a golf ball), set them aside..
- Peel your vegetables (except zucchinis) and cut them thinly or into small cubes. Place the carrots and chayote in a bowl. In a seperate bowl place the zucchinis. Place the potatoes in a bowl of water and set them aside. TIP: This prevents the potatoes from browning and it removes the starch from the potatoes..
- Once you notice your soup boiling add your meatballs to the pot, carefully. Cover with a lid and wait for it to boil again (around 5-10 minutes depending on your stove)..
- Once you notice your meatballs are beginning to darken and your soup is boiling, add the carrots and chayote. Cover with a lid. Make sure you have this over a low heat, you do not want to overcook your meat and veggies. TIP: If you begin to notice grease foam at the top of the pot, you may use a ladel to remove as much as you can without removing to much water..
- Once your pot is boiling again, check the carrots and chayote. Take one of each out of the pot. Check to see if its ready by cutting into it with a knife. If you feel a lot of resistance, then cover the pot and allow to boil for another 5 minutes. Check again and if you feel that it shows little resistance then add the potatoes. (Make sure to drain the potatoes, do not add them with the water filled with starch). Cover the pot. Boil for a few minutes. TIP: Make sure everytime you add a new ingredient or vegetable that its not fully cooked. Otherwise you will end up with a soggy mess..
- Add the zucchinis lastly, and cover with a lid and allow to boil for 5 minutes. Add your seasoning. Salt to taste, bouillon, and cilantro leaves. You may leave out the 1/2 onion. Cover with the lid and allow to boil for a few minutes longer. Turn off the heat. You can let it sit for a bit or serve yourseld. Enjoy!.
If you find this Mexican Meatball soup aka Sopa de Albondigas recipe valuable please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.