Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe page, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Chemmeen Achar – Kerala Style Prawns Pickle recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Chemmeen Achar – Kerala Style Prawns Pickle recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Make Healthy Eating A Part of Your Life.
Healthy eating is nowadays much more popular than in the past and rightfully so. There are a number of illnesses linked with a poor diet and there is a cost to the overall economy as people suffer from health problems such as heart disease and high blood pressure. While we’re constantly being advised to adopt healthy eating habits, it is also easier than ever to rely on fast food and other convenience items that are not beneficial for us. A lot of people typically assume that healthy diets demand a lot of work and will significantly change the way they live and eat. Contrary to that information, people can modify their eating habits for the better by implementing several modest changes.
One initial thing you can do is to pay close attention to the choices you make when you’re shopping for food since you probably choose a lot of food items out of habit. As an example, if you eat cereal for your breakfast, do you ever look to see what the sugar and salt content is before purchasing? Having a bowl of oatmeal will provide you with the energy to face the day while protecting your heart simultaneously. By mixing in fresh fruit, you can make oatmeal taste better and, before you know it, you will have made a good change to your diet.
Thus, it should be fairly obvious that it’s not hard to add healthy eating to your life.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to chemmeen achar – kerala style prawns pickle recipe. You can have chemmeen achar – kerala style prawns pickle using 22 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you do that.
The ingredients needed to cook Chemmeen Achar – Kerala Style Prawns Pickle:
- You need 1 of :- ( marinate and sun dry) Bowl.
- Take 1/2 kg of Shrimp / Chemmeen – ( fresh or cooked).
- Prepare 1 of chili powder tea Kashmiri red – spoon.
- You need pinch of Turmeric powder – a large.
- Take to taste of Salt.
- Use of Oil for frying.
- You need 2 of :- Bowl.
- Get 2 of chili powder tea Red – spoon ( use as per your heat level).
- Take 1/4 of Turmeric tea powder – spoon.
- Take 2 of Vinegar – table spoon.
- Prepare 1/4 of pepper tea Crushed – spoon ( optional).
- Prepare 3 of :- Bowl.
- Get 1 of Mustard seeds tea – spoon.
- Take 1/2 1/4 of Fenugreek seeds tea tea – spoon or powder – spoon.
- Get 8 cloves of Garlic sliced – – 10.
- Prepare 2 of Ginger tea sliced – spoon.
- Get 1 or 2 of Green chili sliced -.
- Provide 2 – 3 of Curry leaves – strings.
- Use pinch of kaayam Hing / – a large.
- You need 2 of Vinegar – table spoon ( optional).
- Get 2 or 3 of Gingelly oil Nalenna / – table spoon.
- Use to taste of Salt.
Instructions to make Chemmeen Achar – Kerala Style Prawns Pickle:
- If using fresh shrimp, clean, devein it and wash it thoroughly. I used frozen cooked salad shrimp, so i just thawed it overnight in the fridge..
- Marinate it with all other ingredients in Bowl 1, arrange it on a tray or cookie sheet and leave it open in the sun for a day or two. I keep it from 10.00 am to 4.00 pm for nearly 2 days. Every evening take it inside,leave it on your counter top, covered or uncovered..
- So if you don't wanna wait till then, marinate the shrimp, keep it for some time and the fry it. (See notes @ the end to see other options).
- When your ready to make it, fry the shrimp in oil. You can either deep fry or shallow fry it.But i prefer deep frying for this. Drain on paper towels. Set aside.
- Grind all the ingredients in Bowl 2 to a fine paste. Sprinkle a table spoon of water if necessary..
- Heat some oil from the fried shrimp pan, or you can use nalenna / sesame oil for this step..
- Add mustard seeds,when they splutter add fenugreek seeds. (if using fenugreek powder use at the end of cooking).
- Slide in chopped ginger, garlic,green chiles and curry leaves and fry for 3-4 minutes on medium flame till the raw smell disappears. Add the Bowl 2 – chili paste and mix well. Sprinkle 1/4 cup water and bring to boil……
- Stir in the fried Prawns and combine well, Saute for 3-4 minutes, till it is heated through (add fenugreek powder if you are using it now) Give a salt check. Switch off the flame. Let it cool..
- When it is in room temperature add hing and 2 more table spoon of vinegar (optional) and mix well..
- My mom leave it on the stove top for a day and then transfer it into glass jars..
- Pour 2 or 3 table spoons of Nalenna/ Gingelly oil over it and keep outside for a day or two and then keep refrigerated..
If you find this Chemmeen Achar – Kerala Style Prawns Pickle recipe valuable please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.