Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe page, looking for the perfect Baked Chiles Relleno w/Tortilla Enchilada Sauce recipe? look no further! We provide you only the perfect Baked Chiles Relleno w/Tortilla Enchilada Sauce recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Baked Chiles Relleno w/Tortilla Enchilada Sauce recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Make Healthy Eating A Part of Your Life.
The benefits of healthy eating are today being given more attention than ever before and there are good reasons for this. There are a lot of illnesses linked with a poor diet and there is a cost to the overall economy as people suffer from conditions such as heart disease and hypertension. There are more and more efforts to try to get people to follow a more healthy lifestyle and yet it is also easier than ever to rely on fast, convenient food that is very bad for our health. A lot of people typically think that healthy diets demand a great deal of work and will significantly change how they live and eat. It is possible, though, to make a few minor changes that can start to make a positive impact to our day-to-day eating habits.
These types of changes are possible with all sorts of foods and can apply to the oils you cook in and the spread you use on bread. For instance, monounsaturated fat such as olive oil can help counter the bad cholesterol in your diet. Olive oil can also be beneficial for your skin because it is a superb source of vitamin E. It might be that you already believe that you eat fruit and veggies but it can be worthwhile considering how fresh these are depending on where you get these. Organic foods are an excellent choice and will reduce any possible exposure to toxic pesticides. If you can find a good local supplier of fresh fruit and veggies, you can also consume foods that have not lost their nutrients as a result of storage or not being harvested at the right time.
All in all, it is not hard to start to make healthy eating a part of your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to baked chiles relleno w/tortilla enchilada sauce recipe. You can have baked chiles relleno w/tortilla enchilada sauce using 18 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to cook Baked Chiles Relleno w/Tortilla Enchilada Sauce:
- You need of Chiles Relleno.
- Use 1 tsp of Olive Oil.
- You need 1/2 of Vidalia Onion (diced).
- Provide 1 large of Jalapeño Pepper (diced).
- Use 1 dash of Salt.
- Use 1 lb of Sweet Italian Turkey Sausage (removed from casings).
- You need 6 medium of Anaheim Peppers.
- Use 1 cup of Shredded Sharp Cheddar Cheese.
- You need of Tortilla Enchilada Sauce.
- Get 5 cup of Water (boiling).
- You need 5 large of Dried Guajillo Peppers.
- Take 1 cup of Cucumber (sliced).
- You need 2 clove of Garlic.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Honey.
- Use 2 cup of Tortilla Chips.
- Take 1/2 tsp of Liquid Smoke.
- Get 1 tsp of Rice Vinegar.
- Use 1 1/4 tsp of Salt.
Steps to make Baked Chiles Relleno w/Tortilla Enchilada Sauce:
- Preheat oven to 500°F..
- Cut off the tops of the Anaheim peppers and slice lengthwise down the center to create an opening on one side. Line side-by-side in a baking dish. Blind bake them at 500°F for about 10-15 minutes to help start softening..
- In a medium skillet over medium heat, add olive oil, onions, jalapeño, and salt. Cook for about 5 minutes or until onions and jalapeño start to soften. Add turkey sausage and break up. Cook 7-10 minutes, stirring often until meat is no longer pink..
- In a blender, add dried guajillo peppers, water, garlic, and cucumber. Let steep for 20 minutes. Once steeped, pour out all but 1 1/2 cups of the water. Add remaining sauce ingredients and blend 1-2 minutes or until smooth..
- Fill Anaheim peppers with sausage mixture until full..
- Pass the sauce through a strainer to remove bits of unblended pepper and tortilla chips. Top filled peppers evenly with sauce..
- Bake in a 500°F oven for 15 minutes. Top evenly with cheddar and bake for an additional 5-7 minutes, or until cheese is melted and beginning to brown..
If you find this Baked Chiles Relleno w/Tortilla Enchilada Sauce recipe helpful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.