Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe site, If you’re looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the best Baked Faux "Mac" and Cheese recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Baked Faux "Mac" and Cheese recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Can Be An Easy Option.
Healthy eating is now much more popular than before and rightfully so. There are a number of diseases related to a poor diet and there is a cost to the overall economy as individuals suffer from conditions such as heart disease and hypertension. There are more and more efforts to try to get us to follow a healthier lifestyle and all the same it is also easier than ever to rely on fast, convenient food that is not good for our health. People typically believe that healthy diets call for a lot of work and will significantly change the way they live and eat. In reality, though, just making a couple of small changes can positively impact daily eating habits.
These more wholesome food choices can be applied to other foods such as your cooking oils. For example, monounsaturated fat like as olive oil can help counter the bad cholesterol in your diet. It is also a rich source of Vitamin E which has numerous benefits and is also great for your skin. It may be that you already feel that you eat fruit and leafy greens but it can be worthwhile considering how fresh these are depending on where you purchase these. If you go for organic foods, you can avoid the problem of eating crops that may have been sprayed with deadly pesticides. Searching for a local supplier of fresh fruits and veggies will give you the option of eating foods that still have almost all of the nutrients which are often lost when produce has been kept in storage before it is sold.
Thus, it should be fairly obvious that it’s not at all hard to add healthy eating to your life.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to baked faux "mac" and cheese recipe. To make baked faux "mac" and cheese you need 8 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
The ingredients needed to prepare Baked Faux "Mac" and Cheese:
- Get 1 head of cauliflower.
- Use 1 pound of cheese (I used cheddar and pepper jack).
- Prepare 1/2 cup of milk (I used cashew).
- You need 1 of medium onion, diced.
- Take 1/2 pound of deli ham.
- Take 3 of medium carrots, shredded.
- You need 2 Tbs of spicy mustard.
- Use 2 cups of cracker crumbs.
Steps to make Baked Faux "Mac" and Cheese:
- Chop and steam cauliflower until very tender. Drain well and mash with fork, set aside..
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- In sauce pan, add milk, cheese and mustard. Melt cheese over low heat..
- In 9×13 greased baking dish, add onion, carrot and chopped ham..
- Once cheese is melted, mix in cauliflower and pour into baking dish. Mix thoroughly..
- Top with crackers, cover baking dish with foil and bake 45 minutes..
If you find this Baked Faux "Mac" and Cheese recipe helpful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.